Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

microphone only works in phone calls not apps

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 01:08 PM)
Johnnyvmass411
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

My mic on my new FOLD 2 doesn't work in any app except phone calls and the camera. I have tried a factory reset, all updates, clear caches on the none working apps and get the microphone permissions (all set to allow). 

Not sure if anyone has had the same problem? The main apps I can use are Voice recorder, Google Assistant, Bixby

I have contacted Samsung a few times with all the same questions (above) so yes I have done all that. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Johnnyvmass411 ,

happy to have a look at this with you. Has this been working with other apps before? Have you made any changes on the phone after this started (for example downloading any new apps)?

Have you tried to run a test to see if there is anything wrong with the microphone? To do this launch the Samsung Members app> Get help> Interactive checks> Mic. 

0 Likes
Johnnyvmass411
First Poster
Options

Hey Tess, 

I havent really downloaded any new apps but I will delete all the no standard ones and try that, I also doaloaded the Samsung members app > mic Test and it said the following Status: action required> try reset> call customer care.

That is because I could not here my voice in the test

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Johnnyvmass411: Based on the results of the hardware test in the Members app, and the troubleshooting steps you have attempted, I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below to arrange for the device to be inspected by one of our authorised engineers. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

VN3
First Poster
Options

Were you able to resolve this. I am having the same issue with Galaxy S20-5G. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
CommunityName51
Apprentice
Options

Hello, 

did you resolve this? I have same problem.

0 Likes
CommunityName51
Apprentice
Options

I have same problem, looking for solution. 

0 Likes
ThisOneDude
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue on my Note 10 Plus. The microphone works on calls, but does not work for apps like google or text messaging.

I was using duolingo when it started to fade out. At first, I could yell into the app and it would hear me. Then it was completely unusable.

Could this be a virus?

0 Likes
Masoud9586
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem recently on A51. Does any one know the solution?

0 Likes
RadekMenti
First Poster
Options
I'm another one victim and Samsung support doesn't want to help anyone with this problem which clearly is common and nkt device related
0 Likes