Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Screen suddenly asks for Password (always used fingerprint or pattern before)

(Topic created on: 10-09-2022 04:54 PM)
HelloPatricia
Student
Options

I have been using the lock screen pattern for a little over a year now and I always remembered it so it was no biggie. Today, literally out of nowhere, my phone asks me to enter a password. I have no idea why it asked me this, so I tried entering a variety of passwords. All it does is lock the phone for 30 seconds before I can try entering another password once I've had too many tries.

I have no idea what password it wants from me, I only have so many and I tried all of them. It says: "Use password after restart (before I restarted it said Use password to unlock screen), Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter." What password?! See, that's why I hate installing updates, this is just bull*****. I also tried to unlock my phone using Find My Phone and it does not work as it is not connected to the network (I tried restarting it before and I guess that screwed me now). I honestly don't even know if a factory reset would work at this stage, since it does not show any notifications either (apart from:  Phone restarted, Unlock your phone to get app notifications).

Did anyone run into the same problem as I did and find a solution? I honestly don't want to try a factory reset (and I don't really think it's gonna work anyway since it's not showing any incoming notifications, either and I can't let my phone ring using Find My Phone).

This seems to be a major issue as I use my phone for work and can't log into the various accounts now as it is a two step verification...

41 REPLIES 41
Snc87
First Poster
Options

You have to make sure the wifi is enabled because it will have airplane mode on and won't let you shut airplane off until Samsung switch unlocks the device 

0 Likes
Snc87
First Poster
Options

You must use Samsung switch. You also have to have the same account already signed in. And you have to have find my phone enabled. Also need wifi on your device because airplane mode will be enabled until unlocked by Samsung switch. 

0 Likes
irishgirl
Apprentice
Options
If you have a spare phone you can use find my phone and it will find it. Then will ask you to create a password..happened to mine and I rang my network company and they guided me through it or it may have been samsung I called 🤔 not sure as it was about a year ago..you may have to put sim card in old phone ..hope this helps
eljuar
First Poster
Options

Thank you Irishgirl, 

This was very helpful, and I was able to unlock my phone without having to factory reset.

0 Likes
VaneLoa
First Poster
Options

I installed intune company portal and not sure if it's due to that but now I'm exactly ont hat "Use password after restart"

I'm kicking myself because I did not set up remote unlock on Find my phone so I'm stuck. tried the "default_password" and nada!

0 Likes
nafitlum
Student
Options

This seems to be a recurring issue. Happened to me and don't know what to do. I really don't want to factory reset my phone. It also happened to my colleague's friend. We didn't set any password, only among fingerprint, pattern, or PIN.

0 Likes
Members_56rQNHy
First Poster
Options

Go on the findmymobile app, sign in with your Samsung account, then select your device and press unlock in the options. This will return your phone back to normal, but it will remove your password, so you can just make a password in settings.

User XYZ
First Poster
Options

Getting the same error on Intune enrolled Samsung device. All work apps ask for a password and show the error "Use password after restart". Please let us know if you hear of any way to fix this without a factory reset. Also if "Find my phone" is not set up on the device.

0 Likes
User XYZ
First Poster
Options

Getting the same error on Intune enrolled Samsung device. All work apps ask for a password and show the error "Use password after restart". Can someone from Samsung reply to this? Why users are getting this only on work apps? Also, possible ways to fix this issue. We reached out to Microsoft Intune support and they are saying the issue is from Samsung's side.

0 Likes
iang
First Poster
Options
How do you do a factory reset
0 Likes