Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with S21 ultra messenger notifications

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 03:10 PM)
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
I've recently bought the Samsung s21 ultra and I've noticed all the app notifications are working, except Facebook Messenger. Sometimes I get a notification when I have a message, and other times it doesn't notify me of messages unless I open the app. I've been through all the notification settings and even set the app to never sleep but nothing seems to help the issue. Any tips would be appreciated 😁
10 REPLIES 10
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
I think that might have something to do with Facebook app i sometimes get a notification for a message and when i go to check thier is nothing there but still would have the notification.
0 Likes
pidney
Student
Options
I wasnt getting certain notifications like Instagram and google voice but then i finally figured it out. I had an app on my phone called security master for locking my apps. I discovered these apps were interfering or blocking the notifications so if u have similar apps you have installed to password protect your apps, uninstall them it might help . I hope it works for you hun
Walstin
First Poster
Options
Fragglebook Messenger is so out. The telegram message app from PStore is much better and safer.
0 Likes
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
thank you for the help, unfortunately I don't have any apps like this installed so it isn't that. I'm having loads of issues with this phone it's really annoying 😩
gl6
First Poster
Options

hi kelly  just wondering if you ever found out why this is happening.

I am having the same issue with facebook and text notifications. If you do come up with a solution, please let me know. Thanks so much.

0 Likes
Abrock1215
Journeyman
Options
Similar problem with notifications on other apps. If You have the app open then put your phone down it doesn't remind you. It assumes that because you have the app open you see the message. Spoke to helpdesk it's feature not bug. You have to come out of app like messages or email before you leave your phone. Annoying. S21+
0 Likes
Options

Hi Apprentice!  Not sure if you ever figured it out but in case you didn't, here's how to fix it.

I was having the same problem.  The answer to fix it is to go to your setting on you S21, scroll down to apps, find FB, then scroll down to notifications, open it up and allow them.  Mine was blocked and I didn't set it that way.

spike6
Student
Options

This is not a feature, it is an annoyance, and could be costly.  Who sits and stares at their phone waiting for a reply?   Most people can't drop everything to answer a messenger note.

0 Likes
Gored
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and couldn't find a solution on these posts, so thought I would add one now I think I have found it.

Go into app info

Click on application data usage (Will likely be listed under usage as mobile data or mobile and WiFi data)

Then toggle on allow data usage while data saver is on

Screenshot_20220106-093714_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220106-093721_Settings.jpg

0 Likes