Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to disable Game Booster. How do I do that?

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 02:36 PM)
Abdemiller
First Poster
Options

On my S10 phone, Game Booster's notification area appears every time I open a game app. The option to disable it is not available when I press on it. I am told that Game Booster shows the notification and any attempt to disable it is not allowed, if I choose 'notification settings'. There is no enable/disable slider or button. Is it not possible for me to stop this thing (whatever it is) from annoying me with notifications that I am not interested in? Rather than something useful, that is the behavior of malware.
All I want is for it to stop.
According to Google, disabling the 'game launcher' does not make any difference. Those are two different things, I think.
Although Samsung wants to help us with the software they pre-install, everything should be able to be turned off if the user so chooses. It had to be done on Windows by Microsoft. Apple is under pressure. Is it necessary to start a movement to get the EU to ban Samsung from forcing us to use things we do not want?
It is fully expected that no official Samsung staff member will comment on this.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Abdemiller  You could try Force closing Game Booster, otherwise the  only real disablement option would be via ADB.  There is some information on this thread. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/how-do-i-disable-game-booster-notifications... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Abdemiller: Please can you take a look at the solution in the thread below, and let me know if this helps? 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/how-do-i-disable-game-booster-notifications...

0 Likes