Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery face search

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 10:11 PM)
Khanwali
Apprentice
Options
Hi I've recently bought a Samsung s22 ultra, and on my previous Samsung when I went into my gallery and slided upwards where the image details would pop up, it would detect faces and then once I clicked on a face, all the pictures in my gallery of that person would show. Is this not a feature on the 22 ultra? Or am I missing something? Please help!! It was an amazing feature, so would love for it back!!
8 REPLIES 8
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
you have to define the faces and it appears in other pictures

When in gallery, I scroll up and it's provide picture details and has faces with question mark next to them

Or in gallery, select magnify glass, people should show up, define names to faces and it should show up in gallery
Khanwali
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. It's not as great as my previous phone was on this feature, but it's better than nothing lol
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am sure it was the same on previous versions and phones
0 Likes
Khanwali
Apprentice
Options
Maybe it's just me getting used to the new phone. I did have my old one for 5 years lol so it's quiet a jump!
0 Likes
99wilsonk
Journeyman
Options

Im having exact same problem with new s23 cant do face seach when press magnifying glass pls help used this alot on old s20fe

ZiggyA
First Poster
Options

I have S22 Ultra and perform the search action by launching the details of a picture, and on the details, I click on the '?' or the smaller size pic next to it. That launches the search and retrieval action.

0 Likes
Dev9
First Poster
Options

I have similar issue in s21 and with above solution while options of locations appear,  people option don't appear . What should be done or I am missing something 

0 Likes
Members_qgeWLkJ
First Poster
Options

Hello, on my samsung that function works, but in some photos with people the automatic identification of the person doesn't appear, is there any way I can manually select that there is a person from my contacts in that photo? 

0 Likes