Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix OneDrive not syncing after Samsung Cloud transition

(Topic created on: 18-06-2022 10:34 PM)
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options

Hello.

Recently Samsung had discontinued the Samsung Gallery sync and have replaced it with OneDrive sync.

This has caused many problems for everyone. One issue, in particular, is that the sync has stopped working and people can't figure out how to fix it. The instructions below are what I did to fix the issue.

1. Open Settings > Accounts and Services.
    Screenshot_20210119-174622_Settings.jpg

2. Scroll down to find your OneDrive account, tap it.
    Screenshot_20210119-174708_Settings.jpg

3. Then go into Media Sync and turn it on. 
    Screenshot_20210119-174656_Settings.jpg

This fixed the issue for me and I hope it will for you too!

48 REPLIES 48
Rufinoman
Journeyman
Options

I finally solved it by cancelling sync with Samsung gallery/account and resetting the OneDrive settings to sync.

All works as it should now.

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes
Mlwindorski
Student
Options

Sadly I have had to do this COUNTLESS times because somehow it just "magically" keeps shutting off, so in my opinion this is NOT a fix at all, a temporary patch at best in my desperate attempt to preserve my photos. Now if the developers could figure out how to make it STOP doing that, THEN it would be considered a fix to a small part of a much larger/more complicated disaster.

PedroB77
Apprentice
Options

Show your love to OneDrive + Samsung gallery here:

https://twitter.com/Microsoft365/status/1432455586860392450?s=20 

😑

0 Likes
Members_Jcx52eV
First Poster
Options

Sync seems to be working but instead of moving my now photos into the OneDrive Cloud the sync is making old photos from my cloud into my new phone which is the opposite of what I want. I don't want to "sync" but I want to move new photos (and now the old ones) into the cloud for storing. Does anyone know how to do this please?

0 Likes
Ratnik987
Apprentice
Options

First of all, Samsung shouldn't force me to use OneDrive. Ok, there is a choice to use other Gallery etc, but I prefer stock one. Second, what is wrong with you for not even letting us decide if we want Google or OneDrive? I am paying Google One as I use it regularly, and now I'm paying OneDrive just to be able to access my photos. This is a shame, S21 Ultra costs a lot of money and you're playing with us. I will never ever be using MS apps, and messing with dates on my photos, making my 2013 photo to look like it was captured yesterday, is something that shouldn't be here. I would rather settle myself with other brand then letting you ruin my memories. This should be addressed to Google as well, as this is being bad Android experience. Not to mention that every 5 minutes I have to rerun Sync, because it stops and stops and stops...

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Don't enable it through the Samsung gallery because it has a whole host of problems. What you should do onstead is log in on the onedrive app and enable camera upload. This just uploads the pictures on your phone to onedrive and it won't download any pictures from your onedrove to your phone.
0 Likes
RZ10ca
First Poster
Options

You could try all experts' ideas, none of them works, I finally tried to select all pictures in the not synced album and download them, it is becoming beautifully being synced. done, good luck.  

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Lol what
0 Likes
RandyFlaggMaine
First Poster
Options

I know this is an old post but thank you!!! It worked for me.

0 Likes