Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix OneDrive not syncing after Samsung Cloud transition

(Topic created on: 18-09-2021 04:06 PM)
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options

Hello.

Recently Samsung had discontinued the Samsung Gallery sync and have replaced it with OneDrive sync.

This has caused many problems for everyone. One issue, in particular, is that the sync has stopped working and people can't figure out how to fix it. The instructions below are what I did to fix the issue.

1. Open Settings > Accounts and Services.
    Screenshot_20210119-174622_Settings.jpg

2. Scroll down to find your OneDrive account, tap it.
    Screenshot_20210119-174708_Settings.jpg

3. Then go into Media Sync and turn it on. 
    Screenshot_20210119-174656_Settings.jpg

This fixed the issue for me and I hope it will for you too!

48 REPLIES 48
selfcontrol7
Student
Options

Thank you.

So what does it mean exactly, please?
What is then the proper way to syn folders of pictures we create in DCIM besides the Camera folder?

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
I'm not sure what you mean. But OneDrive is the new way of syncing your pictures.
0 Likes
Kbennett65
First Poster
Options

I've been dealing with this ever since the Samsung/One Drive integration. Sync just turning off by itself.  For whatever reason today I looked at my sync settings again and toggled on the DCIM folder in the folders to sync option and sync has been staying on all day. I've rebooted the phone a few times just to check if sync in still enabled and so far it has been. No idea why that seemed to work but so far so good. Prior to toggling the DCIM folder to sync it would turn itself off immediately after doing a manual sync which I tried to remember to do about weekly. 

0 Likes
MarcDE
Journeyman
Options

It's even more pathetic than that : I lost all my data (15 tB!) when doing the forced transistion to the MS OneDrive service which I even had to pay for to access my data. A simple SAmsung Cloud download didnt work. And guess what: Samsung didnt care at all: I've been trying to get my data back for 6 months now and Samsung simply doesnt care and even state that GDPR doesnt apply to them. Samsung skipped agreed support calls and they just dont seem to care. Like a cheap scam company. All my history and vacations of the last 10 years has been erased..

0 Likes
MarcDE
Journeyman
Options

Samsung has been pathetic to me too, we seem to share the same destiny due to their lack of company ethics : I lost all my data (15 tB!) when doing the forced transistion to the MS OneDrive service which I even had to pay for to access my data. A simple SAmsung Cloud download didnt work. And guess what: Samsung didnt care at all: I've been trying to get my data back for 6 months now and Samsung simply doesnt care and even state that GDPR doesnt apply to them. Samsung skipped agreed support calls and they just dont seem to care. Like a cheap scam company. All my history and vacations of the last 10 years has been erased..

0 Likes
MarcDE
Journeyman
Options

WE share the same destiny due to Samsung's low ethics, : I also lost all my data (15 tB!) when doing the forced transistion to the MS OneDrive service which I even had to pay for to access my data. A simple SAmsung Cloud download didnt work. And guess what: Samsung didnt care at all: I've been trying to get my data back for 6 months now and Samsung simply doesnt care and even state that GDPR doesnt apply to them. Samsung skipped agreed support calls and they just dont seem to care. Like a cheap scam company. All my history and vacations of the last 10 years has been erased..

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
They did 15tb cloud storage?
0 Likes
MarcDE
Journeyman
Options

It was a typo, I meant 15GB.

0 Likes
Kbennett65
First Poster
Options

That is exactly why I don't trust my pictures to just one service. To afraid I'll lose everything if something goes wrong. It might be overkill but I have my photos set to automatically upload to One Drive, Google Photos and Amazon Photos. Even if something fails at one I have 2 backups.

0 Likes
Kbennett65
First Poster
Options

The only thing that worked for me was also toggling on the sync for the individual picture folders including DCIM. Since I turned that one on I've had no further issues

0 Likes