Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix OneDrive not syncing after Samsung Cloud transition

(Topic created on: 16-04-2021 12:04 AM)
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options

Hello.

Recently Samsung had discontinued the Samsung Gallery sync and have replaced it with OneDrive sync.

This has caused many problems for everyone. One issue, in particular, is that the sync has stopped working and people can't figure out how to fix it. The instructions below are what I did to fix the issue.

1. Open Settings > Accounts and Services.
    Screenshot_20210119-174622_Settings.jpg

2. Scroll down to find your OneDrive account, tap it.
    Screenshot_20210119-174708_Settings.jpg

3. Then go into Media Sync and turn it on. 
    Screenshot_20210119-174656_Settings.jpg

This fixed the issue for me and I hope it will for you too!

48 REPLIES 48
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
There should be an option to switch. Which phone do you have?
0 Likes
Daverodeb
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this. This rectified my issue first time. For some reason the sync was off in my accounts and services section. 👍

PedroB77
Apprentice
Options

Same here. I need to manually re-enable it. 

Shame on you Samsung. You are supposed to have decent developers. But it seems you don't! Pathetic dev team. 👎🤮💩

Rufinoman
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this tip which finally worked after several attempts, because the media sync button kept reverting to off and all permissions were denied.

Also, what doesn't help is that the settings keep getting moved and the names of those settings get changed over time.

This is a very useful tip, so kudos to you!

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Yousefkhan
First Poster
Options
Thank you so much
Rufinoman
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately this solution is merely temporary because Onedrive keeps resetting itself to NOT sync media.

In Settings/ Manage Accounts, this needs to be reset countless times per day for syncing to actually work.

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Members_kJXc9fH
First Poster
Options

same issue here, this really really P1ssing me off i have to manually sync the gallery every single time, such a massive loads of sh!te, plus we cant even remove ONEDRIVE and go back to normal sync, whoever came up with this setup needs shooting, and all because we chose " do you want to sync your photos with ONEDRIVE" when we setup the phone for the first time, you cant even go back and reset the phone hoping to choose no to this, I even tried removing everything from my microsoft account and it still automatically tried to cloud sync, ***** ruined this phone for me.

Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
You can't go back to the old since it's discontinued. Why it's taking so ***** long for Samsung or Microsoft to fix this is a joke. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
OneDrive is made by Microsoft. Do you have a non Samsung phone to test this on because it would be interesting to see if it's a problem with Samsung phones or with Microsoft OneDrive.
0 Likes
Mlwindorski
Student
Options

Same here. Incredibly upset and disappointed and angry with this mess they have created.

#1 - My created/modified photo dates were also changed to the date of the transfer which is disasterous and VERY upsetting to me. I have multiple TBI's and as a result have very poor memory ESPECIALLY recollection of dates/time. I take pictures of pertinent things such as medical symptoms experienced because it serves as documentation of the date/time of occurrance to serve as an accurate timeline of symptomology for my future reference/use of medical history. Not only that but I am starting to lose my recall of special memories, milestones and events of my kids' childhood, etc. My biggest fear has always been that those memories will fade away and I will lose those special memories forever so I have made a point to take LOTS of pictures to at least serve as a visual memory so that I at least have SOMETHING to look back on and enjoy when I have lost those details in my mind. I STRONGLY DEPEND on my cameraroll and now that timeline of events has all been messed up and destroyed. Before doing the transfer I backed up all of my photos to my laptop for fear of losing some/all of them but it has just become apparent to me that quite a few of my files/photos must not have backed up/transferred because they are missing from my laptop as well...I'm talking possibly hundreds of photos gone. The worst part is that the same ones missing on my laptop apparently didn't transfer to onedrive either and now I don't know how/where to go to go about trying to recover them before Samsung COMPLETELY/PERMANENTLY wipes them out. I tried logging into my onedrive account but cant recall the PIN (shocker) and can't find it written down anywhere. I would just reset it but done see where/how to do that either.

#2 - All photos that transferred to onedrive now appear as doubles in my gallery which is extremely annoying and inconvenient because I have hundreds/thousands of pics as it is and now that number is doubled which makes scrolling through to find something much more time consuming.

#3 - onedrive sync keeps turning off and I have to manually turn it back on

#4 - NOW I am being told that sync has been shut off because it is full and that I must purchase additional storage if I want to continue syncing.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE THIS HAS CREATED AND I SURELY HOPE THEY FIX THESE ISSUES BEFORE THEY JUST PROCEED WITH WIPING OUT/DESTROYING EVERYONE'S PHOTOS, MEMORIES, AND IN MY CASE MY LIFELINE TO MY LIFE'S TIMELINE. VERY UPSET, SICK AND ANGRY IS A HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT!!!