Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix OneDrive not syncing after Samsung Cloud transition

(Topic created on: 16-06-2021 09:40 PM)
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options

Hello.

Recently Samsung had discontinued the Samsung Gallery sync and have replaced it with OneDrive sync.

This has caused many problems for everyone. One issue, in particular, is that the sync has stopped working and people can't figure out how to fix it. The instructions below are what I did to fix the issue.

1. Open Settings > Accounts and Services.
    Screenshot_20210119-174622_Settings.jpg

2. Scroll down to find your OneDrive account, tap it.
    Screenshot_20210119-174708_Settings.jpg

3. Then go into Media Sync and turn it on. 
    Screenshot_20210119-174656_Settings.jpg

This fixed the issue for me and I hope it will for you too!

48 REPLIES 48
liz_emf
First Poster
Options

I am so completely disappointed by the fact that, following a switch to a newer Samsung model (S20+), all my photos are no longer in date order and therefore as you say, the confusion caused is infuriating. I may disconnect completely from the service

VladDT
Student
Options

Hi guys. Yes this transition was a mess, did by very stupid programmers. I think they never had OneDrive on their phones, and didn't know how it works. 

What I did to restore my previous sync, as it should be. I just opened the Samsung account on the phone - and removed MS account connection.  After this I opened OneDrive settings, and there it is! Old gallery sync only by One Drive.

IDK what other consequences (no phone backup?). Anyway, after this mess, never worked Phone Desktop app, and decision do not make new Notes - this will be probably my last Samsung phone. If they start to replace good programmers with cheap 3-rd party trash - their phones will be more and more unreliable.     

MrCairo
First Poster
Options

This worked for me.  Thank you.

I still had to mess about moving various things from folder to folder.

The biggest annoyance for me was that I had duplicates of so many pictures and my new photos didnt appear in the OneDrive Camera Roll folder.

Also had to restart phone before OneDrive picked up new folder locations

Scudders
Journeyman
Options

I was just about to give up on resolving this and then voila you came along and lit up my life... Strangely enough the default camera gallery was still backing up so this meant if I wanted pics n vids to back up I had to just lump them into that gallery, however since sticking this setting on I can now organise my life and my videos into galleries which is helpful when importing files from go pro and my SLR. Suuurweeeeeet as!

Rufinoman
Journeyman
Options

Still doesn't work for me and reverts to sync disabled, so I have to manually enable sync every time.

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
KWG77
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much my friend! i have been killing myself over this for the last two days trying absolutely everything, and it was this simple. Much appreciated Chief

Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
No worries boss.
0 Likes
PedroB77
Apprentice
Options

Did it worked for you? For most people the sync is disable after some time and you need to manually enable it again.

Scudders
Journeyman
Options

The sync is disabling after some time and even after reenabling sync is not working. For example I have a gallery with 8 items in it, 6 of the items synced and 2 of them failed... They do not begin to sync once the account sync is switched back on.... I have just come off a call with Samsung customer services who were unable to resolve.

Final words from the advisor I spoke to said the only way forward would be to uninstall Onedrive and Samsung Cloud from the device... I was unable to continue the call due to time but have scheduled a call back after the weekend.

Members_CEKuCwS
First Poster
Options

I spent hours trying all possible uninstalls, disconnects, cache clearing, Microsoft Authenticator,...

In the end what fixed it for me was the first steps of what is described at https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10/gallery-couldn-t-sync-data/td-p/3290016

The key point was logging into my Samsung account webpage, not just going into my Samsung account on my phone, then finally I could see the option to unlink my Microsoft Account.

I didn't follow it exactly:

Step1: I didn't see the clear cache option so did Force Stop
After Step 4, I can't now remember exactly what I did to make the link again, it may not matter how you do it. I think I started the OneDrive App and then in that in Me/settings I could finally see the 'Camera Upload' option. I think when Samsung was pushing photo sync to Samsung Cloud, that option was not there (so I think the stop OneDrive and disconnect with my MS account reset that). Enabling Camera Upload did the trick - and the photo's visibly started syncing immediately. And the sync location on OneDrive is now back to Camera Roll (where it was years ago) instead of under 'Samung Gallery'. Hooray!!!

Hope this helps someone so my 4 hours was less wasted.

0 Likes