Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine albums?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 06:40 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

So, for example if I download an album and put in that same album as a downloaded single song from YouTube, with a tag and everything , it's still showing that one track as being separated from the album.

How to totally combine them so I don't have 500000 separate albums that are actually same?Screenshot_20190907-195932_Samsung Music.jpg

Screenshot_20190907-200124_Samsung Music.jpg

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
AndrewL
Options
@Adi0: If the tracks were downloaded from different sources then this is probably why they haven't automatically been grouped together, even though they're by the same artist. As a workaround I recommend going to the Playlist tab, tapping 'Create Playlist' and giving it a title. Then, go to Albums, press and hold on an album you would like to merge with another (this will add a tick next to it), tap the other album(s) you would like to merge it with, tap 'Add' at the bottom of the screen and select your recently created Playlist. Not ideal, I know, but a great way to get all your music in one convenient place.
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options
Thank you. I've found that with app '' AutomaTag '' I can actually combine tracks into albums.
0 Likes
Anonymous5
Student
Options

Hey, I was wondering how you were able to merge the albums using AutomaTag. I'm having the same problem as you, and I don't quite understand it all.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

OK, you should go to album and find tracks that are in separate albums, once you find which are separated, simply put them in the same album as all others are.

0 Likes
Anonymous5
Student
Options

Thanks for that. I've got it all sorted now.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options
I'm so glad I could help you out! :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Lynnski
Apprentice
Options

Hi , I need a little more step by step - how do I put simply put the tracks in the same album?  Drag and drop?  Select them all and do something?  Is this from the track list or the album list?  Thanks.

AndrewL
Options
@Lynnski: If you go to the Tracks tab > Press and hold on a track > Tap the 3 dots in the top right, can you see an option that says 'Add To Album'?
0 Likes
Lynnski
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the help.  I'm able to combine tracks/albums of the same artist but not the way you say (it's actually been dumb luck)  But no such luck when I have a compliation album with different artists.  When I press and hold on a track, in the upper right hand corner there is a + sign and if I click on that I'm told "files added to the pending tag".  I just downloaded the app today so I'm sure I have the most current version of AutomaTag.  What am I missing?  I have a Galaxy Note 8.  Thanks.