Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup secure folder data and files?

(Topic created on: 27-11-2022 02:48 AM)
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
When moving to a new device or just to backup the data, how can you do this with secure folder, as it doesn't have access to external storage such as USB drives over OTG, or microSD card in the device.

I have alot of files and data, thousands, and I've lost files trying to export them out of secure folder to normal storage, plus doing this as an intermediate step is not only risky for losing files, but also a security risk as now the files are no longer contained in the folder, it also takes hours longer.

It no longer has Samsung backups (which were limited in size anyway), and smart switch won't transfer it anymore either. 
17 REPLIES 17
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Shazzkid ,

I think that this page will help: Back up and Restore (samsungknox.com)

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Unfortunately that page is outdated. You are no longer able to backup to Samsung cloud
TessM
Mastermind
Options

May I ask what phone and software version you are using? I have tested this on the office S21+ running Android 13 and I have found a way to back up this. To do this I launched the Samsung Secure Folder> Menu (3 dots top right)> Settings> Manage accounts> Add account> Select the account you would like to save the data to and ensure that Auto sync Secure Folder data is enabled. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

yes Unfortunately back up for Secure Folder was discontinued early 2021, can restore back ups which were taken before the change .   Whilst possible to back up for instance to local storage not as straightforward or the same level of security.   Some information here https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/samsung-secure-folder 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Fold 3 also running android 13. You can still log in and access the backup page, but as James mentioned below, only the restore function is still available for people with existing backups, you can't create new backups. These were also limited to only 15GB too, whereas i have over 100GB of files that i need to export.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi,

Thanks i had checked that website before, their suggestion is to just move the files outside of the secure folder (and then use their software to export it to PC), but the issue is because i have 10s of thousands of files totaling over 100GB, i have lost files in the past exporting them this way. It's just a big task to ask of your device, especially since i can't back anything up before this. If it fails and files are lost, im screwed. This is essentially the backup procedure im trying to do but it seems im likely to lose my files during the backup process as the backup process is the same process as just exporting the files.
sukangpaombong
Student
Options

you can use the Smart Switch to backup your entire Secure Folder to a USB storage like flash drives and portable hard disks. hope this helps.PSX_20230319_131127.jpgScreenshot_20230318_204027_Smart Switch.jpgScreenshot_20230318_204544_Smart Switch.jpgScreenshot_20230318_084618_Smart Switch.jpg

Mohd kamil
First Poster
Options

Secure folder  

0 Likes
Mohd kamil
First Poster
Options

Secur folder recovery data

0 Likes