Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup secure folder data and files?

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 03:51 PM)
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
When moving to a new device or just to backup the data, how can you do this with secure folder, as it doesn't have access to external storage such as USB drives over OTG, or microSD card in the device.

I have alot of files and data, thousands, and I've lost files trying to export them out of secure folder to normal storage, plus doing this as an intermediate step is not only risky for losing files, but also a security risk as now the files are no longer contained in the folder, it also takes hours longer.

It no longer has Samsung backups (which were limited in size anyway), and smart switch won't transfer it anymore either. 
18 REPLIES 18
Daniel Pérez
First Poster
Options

Have you tried signing into other device and see if it recovers the information with the accounts? I have the same option active but just want to be sure because when phone's lost or robbed you won't have the chance to get your files out of the folder and back it up with your main storage or a PC.

mbcls
First Poster
Options

thank you sukangpaombong !

it does seem like smart switch pc able to backup secure folder.  nice !

sukangpaombong
Student
Options

you are very much welcome... cheers!

devine_mortal
First Poster
Options

Exactly. My cousin lost his phone and all data from Secure folder. Samsung should do something about it otherwise, point of using secur folder us lost.

Emptywordsss
Apprentice
Options

Thanks.
That is  actually it mate and it's probably the only way.

Members_Xt3a4Nd
First Poster
Options

samsung switch on my A8 (android7) has no this option. secure folder is not part of backup options. any help?

0 Likes
AkhenatonBR
First Poster
Options

Performing backup to a USB/external disk manually just does not sound like 2024... it is a shame that Samsung has removed the capacity of cloud backup, which was performed AUTOMATICALLY and without hassle.

When a backup is not performed automatically, the chance to data loss is enormous.  I really hope that Samsung solves this soon.

0 Likes
Members_y8JGSis
First Poster
Options

If you have the option, you can install smart switch on your PC. there is an option to backup secure folder after starting the backup. 

0 Likes
Members_B8KfFGO
First Poster
Options

Great, SmartSwitch worked with some head scratching. It's not exactly a straight forward proces, some details are hiding and difficult to find.

But now what? The files are encrypted on my USB drive, how we can get them i.e. to our cloud, vault, look at the individual files and content?

0 Likes