Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I hide the content of text message in notification?

(Topic created on: 18-03-2022 10:13 AM)
gun2053
First Poster
Options

Every time I get a text message, content of the text message shows up on the screen. How do i hide the content so that i only get a notification for new messages?

I started to use the Samsung Message app instead of Google Message  and i can't seem to find the setting options to hide this. I can only hide the content in the locked page. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AngelDeLaMuerte
Explorer
Options
Go to - Notifications --> Notifications Settings (Lock Screen) --> Hide Notifications
0 Likes
gun2053
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply but i'm looking for how i can hide my content when its not in a locked screen

0 Likes
AngelDeLaMuerte
Explorer
Options
Ohh right sorry I misread your question. Change the notification settings to detailed and see if it works.Screenshot_20220317-102748_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
MightyNoodle
Journeyman
Options
If you want to hide the content on the lock screen then go to Settings - Lock screen - Notifications - Hide content
0 Likes
gun2053
First Poster
Options

I'm starting to think there is no way of hiding the content in S22 Ultra when your screen is unlocked. I've tried everything but I only seem to have the option to hide the content in locked screen only. When the screen is open, content of the message is shown briefly. 

0 Likes
gun2053
First Poster
Options

Thanks for everyone for helping. I have realised that samsung message app can not hide it's content in an unlocked screen. But google message app can. So i've switched! 

0 Likes