Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Secure Folder hasn't transfered

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 12:26 PM)
Vixxie
Student
Options
I've just transfered my old A20e to my new A22 5g via Smart Switch and my secure folder hasn't transfered. My A20e is now dead. How can I get the folder and contents back?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Joe_N
Navigator
Options
Did you set your secure folder to sync periodially? If you did you can retrieve your stuff.

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Vixxie Hello, the files in the secure folder cannot be backed up with Smart Switch, since the backup does not include files from an application with security lock such as the Secure Folder. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Vixxie: If you did backup your Secure Folder on your A20e then please open the Secure Folder on you A22 5G > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Backup and Restore > Restore > Select the device and content > Restore. 

Vixxie
Student
Options
There isn't a secure folder on the A22☹
0 Likes
Vixxie
Student
Options
Not a clue. I backed everything up just before my phone died. No where did it say the secure folder doesn't back up ☹
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Vixxie Hello, my comment was that Smart Switch does not back up Apps and files of an App with security lock, such as the Secure Folder, so if you have not made and saved a backup from Secure Folder Settings / Copy and restore, and saved somewhere, I am very afraid that you have lost the content.

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Vixxie Hello again, here more info on the subject. A greeting.

https://support.samsungknox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012597688-Can-I-transfer-my-Secure-Folder-data-...

0 Likes
iam4tune
First Poster
Options

Is this information still relevant?

0 Likes
dannicada
First Poster
Options

i don't think so, backup is no longer supported on secure folder but you can still restore previously backed up data. 

0 Likes