Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Platform

(Topic created on: 14-11-2021 09:30 AM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Hi,

Does anyone know what this app actually does, will it allow integration from other services. Is it worth installing, is there any benefit to use the app.

Currently I use Health Sync to put data into Google Fit as some watchfaces don't work properly with Samsung Sensors on Watch 4.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options

@walkerx: Hi there. The Health Platform app helps you collect and manage your personal health data generated by various health apps. Health Platform supports Health Data API provided by Google to enable health apps to manage health data securely on your Samsung device. Health data measured or recorded from various health apps on smartphones and wearables  can be stored on the Health Platform app. (Types of data supported: heart rate, oxygen saturation, blood sugar, blood pressure, body weight, sleep, steps, distance walked, calories burned, intake information, etc.). You can also share data captured on the Health Platform app with various health apps. 

0 Likes
TonyVincent
Pioneer
Options
I use the app frequently, though not to connect to anything else. The more I use it the more I find how handy it is.
I log my blood pressure and the log it produces is great for sending to my doctor.
I use it to log my blood glucose, and weight and my calorie intake, which has helped my loose about 7kg in recent months without any real effort. A nice handy little app.
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
My BP machine links directly to Samsung Health, I don't do my BG, I know I should but ain't got the stuff to do it.
Food Intake is rubbish within Samsung Health and you can't link apps to pass data successfully. And a decent UK one only supports Fitbit which I don't have.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Would need to look into further as I know Samsung blocked a lot of apps from syncing data into Samsung Health, so have up on them and Samsung can't use barcodes for logging foods.
I'll install to see what it's like but it's hot quite a lot of bad reviews

Update, just installed and can't see it, only option is to uninstall from the Google Play Store.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL how do you use the app as no option to open on S20 FE 5G?
0 Likes
Whitzend123
Explorer
Options
How do I connect health platform to Google fit? I have connected to Samsung health but can't see how I connect to share this data with Fit
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
How have you connected health platform to Samsung Health? The HP doesn't even open for me.
I'm using S20FE5G and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and only way to get data between Google Fit and Samsung Health is to use Health Sync
0 Likes
Whitzend123
Explorer
Options
No, you can't open health platform itself, as far as I can tell.

To connect Samsung health to health platform you have to open Samsung health then use the 3 dots to go to settings, then go to connected services. Health Platform should appear there.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks does that mean I no longer need to use Health Sync to link to Google Fit
0 Likes