Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet

(Topic created on: 08-07-2023 01:29 PM)
JasonColes1010
Apprentice
Options
Google wallet has stopped working today I receive a message that my phone doesn't meet security requirements.
It worked fine yesterday. I installed 2 apps this morning Shop and Threads, and since then Google Wallet has stopped working. I've since unistalled both apps. 
12 REPLIES 12
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @JasonColes1010. I've looked into this matter for you, and can see that this is a setting/policy that is implemented by Google. It is possible that it is a misleading message and that Google needs to action something on its side.

My recommendation is to reach out to the Support Team for Google Wallet. As it's a third-party resource, I can't link it here, but you'll be able to find it by searching for "Google Wallet Help" online and clicking on Google's resource. 

I trust that this will help.

0 Likes
JasonColes1010
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Paul. I've sent feedback via Google Wallet. Everything was working fine yesterday so I don't know what could have changed.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's my pleasure, @JasonColes1010. Please let me know what Google advises you. Hopefully, you'll get a quick and helpful response. 👍

0 Likes
JasonColes1010
Apprentice
Options
Quick update I have managed to use Google wallet on my Galaxy watch today with no issues so it appears to be a phone/wallet issue but I've checked all the security settings and there doesn't appear to be any issues.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for the update. I've looked into this and, while you wait for Google's response, you might wish to check your device certification, and also check to see if you have Play Protect switched on, @JasonColes1010:

1. Open the Google Play Store app. 

2. At the top right, tap your profile icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. To check if your phone is Play Protect certified, tap About.

To check if Play Protect is still on (it's on by default):

1. Open the Google Play Store app. 

2. At the top right, tap your profile icon.
  3. Tap Play Protect > Settings. 

4. Turn Scan apps with Play Protect on.
0 Likes
JasonColes1010
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I've done all that. My phone is Play Protect certified and I've run the scan and there's no harmful apps running.
0 Likes
jezda
First Poster
Options

I have same issue on my S23, and it first appeared after latest OTA update from Samsung. Now I cannot use phone for NFC payments 😞

0 Likes
JasonColes1010
Apprentice
Options
Mine started working again yesterday. I removed my card and then added it again
0 Likes
JasonColes1010
Apprentice
Options
The message in Google Wallet has gone as well telling me my phone doesn't meet security requirements
0 Likes