Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galley won't allow linking to OneDrive

(Topic created on: 02-07-2023 07:51 AM)
MeBD
First Poster
Options
Hi all, 

I've been trying to link a new OneDrive account to my Gallery but every time I click "Sync with OneDrive", I keep getting the error message: 

Couldn't connect accounts

Something went wrong while connecting your accounts. Try again.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
keith30
Maestro
Options
You need to install Microsoft onedrive for it to sync and backup your photo's, videos etc as you have to sign in to connect both accounts.
0 Likes
MeBD
First Poster
Options
Thanks.

I've already downloaded, signed in and setup OneDrive to backup images. And I've tried cleared the cache and data from OneDrive, Gallery, and Samsung Cloud and restarted my phone and that hasn't worked.
Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MeBD: This could potentially be stemming from the accounts that are currently linked with your OneDrive, especially if the email address that you use for your Samsung account has already been linked. Have you tried checking your OneDrive account settings to check which accounts are currently linked? 

0 Likes
MeBD
First Poster
Options
I've done that and none of them appear to be connected (and I also removed "My files", just in case) and I've also checked my Samsung account and there isn't a Microsoft account in my "connected services ".
Not sure what I'm doing wrong
0 Likes
MeBD
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your help. Contacted Samsung and managed to solve the problem.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
How?
0 Likes
MeBD
First Poster
Options
I removed the Samsung account from "Manged accounts" in settings and re-added. Cleared up the issue for me.
0 Likes