Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsng Gallery - OneDrive Sync - Not Working

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 10:16 AM)
DrJake
Explorer
Options

So recently, when we we're 'forced' to move away from the Samsung Cloud, it came up with a notification to 'move to OneDrive'.

I've always been synchronising/backing-up my photo's to OneDrive anyway, but I clicked it, with no idea what happens. It went through the motion of linking my Samsung and Microsoft accounts.

Thereafter, it stopped backing up to OneDrive, and did it directly through Samsung Gallery - didn't even know that was possible. The option to back-up from my Microsoft account within OneDrive has vanished, too.

So, this Galaxy S9, the phone in question, it stops syncing (stops backing up to OneDrive) and I have no idea how to fix it.

- I've clicked the 'Sync' button a million and one times, no luck, tried turning sync on and off. Someone, somewhere mentioned about going to accounts, then choosing OneDrive, then turning on 'Media Storage', that doesn't fix it, either.

- I've restarted multiple times (May seem obvious, but just writing everything tried)

- I've tried 'clearing data' and re-installing OneDrive (even though it doesn't matter of you have the OneDrive app installed)

- I've ensured Samsung Gallery and other related apps have the latest updates

- I've made sure the phone has the latest firmware updates.

I'm worried, that my pictures are not being backed-up - (which they aren't, as they do not show in OneDrive).

Any advice on how to fix this?

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DrJake   Try the following: In the one Drive app Tap Me-Settings- Camera Upload and check that option is enabled.   Check that upload only when charging is not set.  More details here:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/automatically-save-photos-and-videos-with-onedrive-for-an... 

If that does not work  try the fix:

1.Settings > Apps > OneDrive: clear cache and data
2. Log in to https://account.samsung.com/members
3. Select "Services"
4. At the bottom unlink  Microsoft service
5. Then connect / link OneDrive again
6. In screen "Replace Samsung Cloud with OneDrive in Gallery..." etc.
click "Agree" and click [Connect]
7. Enter Microsoft login details
8. At "Connect your accounts" click [Accept]
9. Next screen "Connecting accounts"

See more details in this thread : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10e-s10-s10/gallery-couldn-t-sync-data/td-p/3290016 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Azthork
Student
Options

I tried this and didn't work. Still have to manually sync every few minutes. It uploads a few pictures and stop syncing. Repeat. Tried with wifi and mobile data. Same result. 

0 Likes
UKSmeagal
Explorer
Options
I have a similar issue on my S20 plus since the last update. It tells me it cannot auto sync anymore. The last sync was on the 12th Sept. If I manually sync it'll do a few pics then stop again!

Any suggestions?Screenshot_20210920-212015_Samsung Cloud.jpgScreenshot_20210920-215137_Samsung Cloud.jpg
DrJake
Explorer
Options

Many months later, the same as others, still have this issue.

Works sometimes, And other times, It doesn't.

This is regardless of which phone I use (I have a couple of Samsung phones for personal and work).

Sadly doesn't see like any one else has figured this out either!

Azthork
Student
Options

Update: it uploaded all my pics to one folder in onedrive named "Camera Roll". Still sync with gallery only a few times and I have to manually update it. Now I have repeated pics in onedrive. I'm afraid to delete duplicates, I fear it deleted them from my phone forever. 

0 Likes
Reubz
Apprentice
Options

Mine isn't allowing me to make space on my phone it constantly loading and loading. Now it says an error has occurred and nothings happening 

0 Likes
Azthork
Student
Options

I contacted Samsung support in a chat via Samsung members app. First person gave up quickly, and asked me to provide feedback of the issue in the error report thing and advised me to use Google photos. When the chat ended, I had the option to escalate the issue so I did. The second person asked permission to remote into my phone and I grated it. He/she played with the settings for several minutes without luck. 

0 Likes
Reubz
Apprentice
Options

I've been playing around with my settings for the past hour. If I go into gallery and try to innitiate the sync, it fails to even open Samsung cloud even though I use one drive. It keeps saying an error has occurred. So I cleared both one drive and Samsung cloud cache and data in settings. Samsung cloud still isn't letting me link my gallery to one drive. I went into one drive app and selected the upload camera function. All my photos are now syncing. I know Samsung is pulling the plug on Samsung cloud today for some countries, but they need to fix the issue in gallery settings that still uses the Samsung cloud settings. It's just confusing everyone 

dragonparadise
Student
Options

I enabled sync today. It synced about 1.2GB of the more than 100GB that's on my phone, then stopped. I've already 'start sync' 5 times today, every time it stops!

Why is there no dedicated sync service that runs in the background and guarantees constant sync to onedrive?

Why is this done for the gallery? What about syncing other documents, settings, addresses , etc.?

Really weird to 'hide' such functionality in a gallery app. Especially since I switched to use F-Stop as the gallery app, I need to keep the Samsung gallery around for syncing to onedrive... not practical

0 Likes