Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery People Recognition Not Working

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 09:08 AM)
Lorenz Kahle
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

I'm using the S22 Ultra and since I had to switch my phone from S22 Ultra to S22 Ultra and importing all my photos from OneDrive back to my phone, it doesn't recognize the same amount of people. Before there were like 250+ people and now there are 28.

I already reset cache and deleted all the gallery data  - it didn't help.

Can anyone help with this?

15 REPLIES 15
Dutch_S23
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, take a photograph of my wife face on, and my S23 doesn't recognize her, although she has been recognized in previous photos.

What is being don to resolve this problem?

0 Likes
hraa
First Poster
Options
Still a problem on my S24 Ultra after transferring photos from cloud backup this week due to changing from a broken S21. It may be a problem with the app itself. Is there a way to get the app to scan all photos for faces, imagery and text? Text search has been one of the most useful features of the app, and it's a shame it doesn't apply to backed-up photos that have been restored.
Mat86x
Explorer
Options

Same issue on my new s24 ultra, what a shame for samsung...

0 Likes
Invalid Username
First Poster
Options

I think I figured it out. New photos get computed by the ai and search tags are made. Older pictures (like from an import) only get computed once certain criteria are met as it costs a lot of resources. I think the criteria are 100~% charged and probably on the charger. So using heavy battery protection prevents you from reaching the criteria. Turn it off for a while or keep it at basic. Keep the phone on the charger and let it do it's thing. 

0 Likes
Dutch_S23
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not phone's  charge because it is at 100% every evening getting charged.  It's just fluky.  One day Samsung will fix facial recognition regardless of the photo's source. 

0 Likes
Invalid Username
First Poster
Options

Well it indexed some random pictures of my 5000 imported ones. But now it just seems to have stopped again. Maybe the charge was just a coincidence... Very annoying because i use the search feature loads. I hope the samsung gods will bless me again and index some more...

0 Likes