Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Ui 5 Notification Category Highlight Missing

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 06:33 AM)
Metan
Explorer
Options

Why did the ability for the phone to show you and highlight which Notification Category a notification was for get removed?! 

33 REPLIES 33
AndrewL
Options

@Metan: When you receive a notification, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to access the Notification Panel, then gently swipe to the right on the relevant notification, and tap the cog that appears to the left. This should take you to the relevant notification category, to help you identify the type of notification you have received. 

CaptainJack13
Student
Options

That does not apply and is not a solution. Notifications haven't worked that way (side swipe with a settings cog to the side) in a long time. A previous update removed that for me. To access notification settings, I have to hold on the notification and then it shows "turn off notifications" or "settings". Before One UI 5 update, if I tapped on settings, it would take me to the list of notification categories and highlight/flash the one that the particular notification came from. Now after One UI 5 update, it takes me to the app's main notification settings, but not to the notification category. So now there's no way to know specifically what category the notification came from so that you can change settings for that category.

SJax
First Poster
Options

It does not work. Mentioned method does not resolve the issue anymore. This issue has come up after the OneUI 5 update.

devOps
First Poster
Options

I am also facing the same issue. This is not good. I hope Samsung will fix this.

anything
First Poster
Options

I made an account only to complaint about the removal of this feature.

Metan
Explorer
Options

I dont understand why they would remove a feature, especially if its this useful.

PuneetKh
First Poster
Options

The removal of this feature is one of the biggest downers of One UI 5.0 update. It was one of the most useful feature in the earlier version. I definitely do not mind downgrading to the previous version, if possible, for this feature

Metan
Explorer
Options

This is not the solution. Gently swiping right was gone a few firmware versions ago

Metan
Explorer
Options

Exactly! 

0 Likes