Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S21 music voice control

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 06:16 PM)
Adrian4321
Apprentice
Options

How can I use voice control to play music from Samsung Music on my new Galaxy S21? The god-awful Bixby app only seems to respond to "play", which will continue what was previously playing. Anything else tries to play with Spotify, even when I've uninstalled it. Google voice control searches YouTube.

Seems such an obvious requirement. Surely I can't be the only person who wants to play music that's stored on their phone?

5 REPLIES 5
Eszter85
First Poster
Options
Hi. Yeah, I know what you mean. To use it, just swipe down from top of the screen using two fingers to open the Quick setting panel. Then, tap Media. Read the information and allow the permissions. That’s it!
From here, you can view the current media that’s playing on the phone, such as songs from Spotify or Google Play Music. Use the different controls to play, pause, or skips songs. You can also control the volume by tapping the Volume icon.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Adrian4321: If you press and hold the Side Key and say 'Play Music' then this will link with your Spotify account. Similarly, if you give Bixby a command with a specific song title, artist or genre then it will automatically default to Spotify. You can still use voice commands in apps like Samsung Music and YouTube music, however this is limited to 'Play', 'Pause' and 'Skip To Next Song'. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Adrian4321
Apprentice
Options

It causes me a huge amount of inconvenience, because it's definitely not what I want to do. Why should Bixby assume I have a Spotify account? Why can't it just play the music I have on the phone?

Adrian4321
Apprentice
Options

Google Assistant does the job. "Play the album Abbey Road by The Beatles from Samsung Music." Why can't Bixby do that?

Members_AmQFqEr
First Poster
Options

I'm in the exact same boat. Really annoying, Especially as I have a family plan for Youtube Music, seems silly to not support it, the commands are the same regardless of the app.

0 Likes