Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook issues s21

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 06:48 PM)
meganlydia
Explorer
Options
Is anyone else having issues with Facebook just randomly shutting down? I've updated everything possible, uninstalled the app twice, restarted the phone and nothing is working 😕 can't get past 4 posts without its shutting down  
15 REPLIES 15
SHANE7W
Apprentice
Options
Yes it was doing the same to me first few days but seems to of been ok today for me
meganlydia
Explorer
Options
mines been doing it since Friday its driving me mad, now I'm having issues with the fingerprint aswell since updating its not recognising it 😒
0 Likes
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
my wife has the same on her s21 too. tried the same, cleared the cache but no improvements 🤷
meganlydia
Explorer
Options
I'm going to phone the company my contract is with tomorrow, only had it 4 days and its driving me insane already 🙃
0 Likes
HaydnR
Explorer
Options
I've a similar problem. I reported it to Facebook and gave as much info as possible. Hopefully they can resolve.
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@meganlydia @HaydnR @SHANE7W 

an app shuts down  if it is updating itself, like FB

FB is updating almost everyday in the background

try disabling automatic updates

open Play Store → Settings → Auto update → tick never auto update

do the same with Galaxy store

should to the trick

thanks 😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

simmy88
Student
Options

I had the same problem after I transferred from my S20 Ultra to the S21 Ultra.  After the xfer, I updated the FB app from the Play Store and the error would come up in Facebook when reviewing a post, going into settings, marketplace, etc.  I cleared the data and cache, uninstalled the app, reinstalled from the Play Store and it works perfectly fine now.  Not sure if that will solve your problem but it worked for me!

0 Likes
meganlydia
Explorer
Options
can I ask how you cleared the cache? was that on the app or play store? I can't seem to find this option on play store and Facebook doesn't stay on long enough to check that. thank you
0 Likes
StuPenguin
Navigator
Options
phone settings-apps-facebook-storage-bottom right of the page clear the cache

20210203_165745.jpg

0 Likes