Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a workout with the Samsung Health App (Android)

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 11:29 PM)
GREGGPLU
Journeyman
Options

I was hoping to use my Galaxy Watch Active 2 to track a kayaking workout. Unfortunately, it isn't one of the workout options on the watch. After searching for a way to track kayaking, I read a recommendation to set the watch to bicycling, and then it would use GPS to track the distance and the watch would track duration, etc. Then, after using the bicycling option, the recommender said to use the Samsung Health app to edit the workout from bicycling to kayaking, which is one of the workout types listed with the app. I tried doing this but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit workouts.

Can someone explain how to change a completed workout from bicycling to kayaking?

Thanks,

Gregg

44 REPLIES 44
chrisbarnettuk
First Poster
Options

Please Samsung - update your software to give us some basic functionality in editing our activities.  My 45 mins football session that includes a 20 min drive, shower and cooking dinner is not really accurate enough when a simple crop would solve that.  My  2 hour tennis match that includes a shower, shopping and driving in a 4 hour capture is also not really accurate - once again a simple trim option would solve this.  I can see this has been a feature that users have cried out for over 3 years.  Please let me know how you intend to solve this issue as the New Year will see me replacing both my Samsung watch & phone and I'd like to know if I'm sticking or switching. 

igorsantos07
First Poster
Options

The year is 2023 and Samsung still can't figure out how to trim exercise sessions that we forgot to turn off.

dxwoman
First Poster
Options

I have a galaxy 6 watch. On the watch go to the activities. When you go to swim, click on settings.  Here you can edit the pool length. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Bex8
Journeyman
Options
Absolutely this should.be a basic function!
0 Likes
Bex8
Journeyman
Options
Come on Samsung being able to edit a workout should be a basic function !
Especially when I need to edit because the watch keeps on auto pausing !!!!
0 Likes