Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a workout with the Samsung Health App (Android)

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 11:29 PM)
GREGGPLU
Journeyman
Options

I was hoping to use my Galaxy Watch Active 2 to track a kayaking workout. Unfortunately, it isn't one of the workout options on the watch. After searching for a way to track kayaking, I read a recommendation to set the watch to bicycling, and then it would use GPS to track the distance and the watch would track duration, etc. Then, after using the bicycling option, the recommender said to use the Samsung Health app to edit the workout from bicycling to kayaking, which is one of the workout types listed with the app. I tried doing this but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit workouts.

Can someone explain how to change a completed workout from bicycling to kayaking?

Thanks,

Gregg

42 REPLIES 42
Momewrath
Apprentice
Options

If editing is still not possible when the time comes for my watch to be replaced, this is honestly something that will make me rule out another samsung watch.

Station
Journeyman
Options

If I took sports more seriously and statistics were really important for me, not just interesting, I'd even return this watch just for this reason. I find it particularly disappointing that there is no word on this from Samsung. If this is a bug, forgotten, by design ... anyone listening?

Rodrigo Oliveira
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung, this shouldn't be hard to do. We just want to edit/set what type of tracking will be performed on each exercise.

For example, I play tennis and a simple Amazfit Bip track the heart rate and GPS to show me how many km's I've run playing. the whole game. With Samsung Health and my newly Galaxy Watch 4 the tennis tracking doesn't record how many km's I've run, just the heart rate.

Of course I could choose "Running" in the exercise type, which will track both heart rate and GPS... But I also run 5km sometimes and I don't want to mess with my exercise history.

Just allow us to select what we want to track on each exercise. Geez...

march_in
Student
Options

And could you add same activities to watch? I can see them on my phone but not at watch

0 Likes
Station
Journeyman
Options

Different issue, please open another thread. Anyway, I think this is already possible. 

0 Likes
Station
Journeyman
Options

@Rodrigo Oliveira I agree. But this is a different issue, please open a new thread.

0 Likes
march_in
Student
Options

"Unfortunately, it isn't one of the workout options on the watch."

from orginal thread

0 Likes
Station
Journeyman
Options

@march_in Maybe, but then it would still be more useful to open a new issue for this.

0 Likes
RunnerGirl895
First Poster
Options

I completely agree!  I love many of the Samsung Health features, but the fact that you cannot edit a workout is ridiculous.  Especially if you are on a Treadmill or Spin Bike.  Would like to add my cycle miles, or edit my treadmill distance to the actual amount.

Come on Samsung!!

0 Likes
MadDogMad
First Poster
Options

Samsung, you must do better. Editing is a must be. And it is a complete nonsense to have cross-country in Galaxy Watch 4 without GPS.

0 Likes