Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat messages

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 03:43 PM)
pringles77
Apprentice
Options
Hi can anyone help me I was using the chat feature instead of txt to talk to my daughter and now it has changed back to txt and I can't get it to change back. My default settings are set to chat and I have chat messages with some of my other contacts so the feature is working but just not with my daughter any help would be appreciated. 
I have a Samsung galaxy A71 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, it could be something to do with your daughters chat settings why it's no longer activated between you both.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The best thing to do is leave alone, it should return. If not, after 10 days try again. Be warned, if you try earlier you will be setting the clock for another 10 days.
0 Likes
pringles77
Apprentice
Options
Hi thank you both for your replies my daughters phone is still set on chat and we've both restarted our phones but it hasn't solved the problem.
The problem started when I sent her a txt and I think my signal dipped so a message came on the screen saying send as txt instead so I pressed ok as this had happened before but it had always gone back as chat when I sent the next message but just this time it didn't.
Hopefully it'll come back as I prefer the chat feature to the txt message but thank you again for trying to help me with this.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@pringles77: You could try heading to the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat Settings > Select Default Messaging Type, and set this to 'Automatic' to see if this helps push the message through to your daughter as a chat. Furthermore, set 'Resend Undelivered Chats' to 'No Resend' to prevent them being converted to text or multimedia messages. 

0 Likes
pringles77
Apprentice
Options
Great thank you I'll try this now 🙂
0 Likes
Smurf21
Student
Options
Sorry to jump on the post 😁 ive been using chat messages for a while now and it's stopped working, it comes up with chat settings, when I click it, it says start. I click start and it keeps saying registration failed 🤷 any ideas? Tia x
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

I have the exact same problem its driving me crazy. Let me know if you solve the problem. I've tried everything. My husbands is working fine. Mine started when I had a power outage and I needed to put my sim into another phone. Then when I switch back when phone was charged it says everytime I go to chat messages registration failed. Google messages works fine tho but I hate the layout and prefer samsung messages. So I switched it to Samsung messages and am gonna leave it alone and see if it comes back on. 

Smurf21
Student
Options
Mines started working again now, I just kept trying it randomly and it finally worked. Whether they have done an update im not sure, sorry I couldn't be more help 🙂
0 Likes
Ozjasmine1
Journeyman
Options

Thank you ill just keep waiting and trying then. Hopefully mine does the same. 😁