Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat feature keeps popping up on screen after update on Samsung Galaxy S20

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 09:27 AM)
ikkledeb
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone can help me please. Since i updated my Samsung mobile phone, i keep getting chat feature popping on my screen. I click on use without chat feature, but it still pops up on screen. I have attached screen shot of what keeps popping up on my screen. How can i stop it popping up on my screen. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Deb

Screenshot_20210827-222525_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Confuser
First Poster
Options

I'm having that same problem. 

0 Likes
Brandon75
First Poster
Options

Same issue, what is the solution?

0 Likes
ikkledeb
First Poster
Options
I put a message up on Samsung members page and was sent to this page. I haven't done what was suggested yet because i am a bit nervous about doing it myself. See attachment. Screenshot_20210831-180734_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Lola16
First Poster
Options

Yes me too! This same issue started on my S20 as of yesterday! I keep clicking use without it & it still comes back ever 2 min or less. I even went to Google and clicked off for this service, yet NO success. It's like a bad spam / pop up from a sketch website type problem that won't go away!

0 Likes
User1123
First Poster
Options

It's happening to me too. I have downloaded the Google Messages app, I was using samsung messages before, and that didnt help. I hope a solution comes soon.

0 Likes
Someonetgsn
First Poster
Options

I found a solution that does not suck.

Go into Apps>Messages>Appear on Top>Off

This will prevent the messaging app from putting pop-ups on your screen above other apps. Continue reading to see my work.

Like everyone here, the pop-up annoyed me. It usually popped up as soon as I unlock my phone, and when opening messages. It also popped up elsewhere.

I found this thread, and it seemed to tell me it was Google's fault. It is true that disabling Google Play Services app stops it, But it also stops any Google app from working including my Gmail. Instead, I disabled it's permissions. In Apps, I disable Appear on Top, and Picture in Picture for the app, but it did not work. The app is not directly responsible for the pop-up, as it only passes information.

I then disabled and removed permissions for every Google app and it did not work.

I found out online that you can disable the chat features by going Apps>Messages>Chat Settings ,but when I click it, it causes the pop-up to appear 100% of the time.

Therefore the pop-up is caused directly by the Messages app under orders of the Google Play Services app.

When I disabled "Appear on Top" in Messages settings the pop-up stopped appearing.

dragonflyer
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have been in contact with both Google and Samsung and it is a Samsung issue. They are aware of it and are working on a solution. The guy I talked with at Samsung support said they expect it to be ready tomorrow.

dragonflyer
Journeyman
Options

See my reply above. A solution is coming! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
dragonflyer
Journeyman
Options

See above.

0 Likes