Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat feature keeps popping up on screen after update on Samsung Galaxy S20

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 12:51 PM)
ikkledeb
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone can help me please. Since i updated my Samsung mobile phone, i keep getting chat feature popping on my screen. I click on use without chat feature, but it still pops up on screen. I have attached screen shot of what keeps popping up on my screen. How can i stop it popping up on my screen. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Deb

Screenshot_20210827-222525_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Dyoo
First Poster
Options

I have the exact thing-  ow uts been about 4-5 days. I can't turn it off! Wheres that update Samsung???

0 Likes
ikkledeb
First Poster
Options
My issue seems to be fixed now. I went to Google Play store app, looked for updates. I went onto messenger app, clicked on the 3 dots on top right hand side, clicked on settings, clicked on chat settings and was able to turn chat feature off. I've waited 24 hours and haven't had it popped up once. Give it a go. If no updates, keep checking your google play store. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
dragonflyer
Journeyman
Options

Well, clearly he lied or did not know what he was talking about as it still goes on... Extremely annoying. How difficult can it be to fix a pop-up issue? Getting less and less impressed by Samsung. It is not the first time their updates causes issues. Last time it was the screen on my previous phone going green after the update, something that was never fixed. Next time I will get another brand.

0 Likes
MamabearMax5
Student
Options

This worked for me thank you. I just shut off appear on top . Im not very phone savy but that ***** was blocking all notifications  for me

0 Likes
maler543
First Poster
Options

I were in contact with each Google and Samsung and it is a Samsung problem. They are aware of it and are operating on a solution. The man I talked with at Samsung help stated they assume it to be prepared the next day.

0 Likes
CanadaKen
Apprentice
Options

They better find a fix for this ASAP. 

Last night while watching a show on my phone I fell asleep, while the show still played. However, this pop up appeared (yet again) and because I was sleeping I did not close it obviously.

Woke up this morning to a heat warning on my phone and it was EXTREMELY hot as this pop up kept the screen on all night.

At this point it's more than a nuisance. It's is a potential fire hazard and could ruin the phone.

Samsung, we need a response.

0 Likes
dragonflyer
Journeyman
Options

I had started to get pop ups that just flashed up for a millisecond (instead of the ones I had to click away) and and deleted whatever I was writing in e.g. Messenger. Extremely annoying. I was (again) in contact with Samsung support and finally found a guy that could help. He asked me to try and 'force stop' for RCS. I went to 'Settings' (the general ones for the phone), then 'Apps', then had to click on a 'sign with arrow and 3 lines', to the right of the list. Then chose 'Show System apps', then 'OK' and finally Find 'RCSsettings' in the list. When opened click the Force stop at the bottom.

Not sure my translation from Swedish is correct, but hopefully you can figure it out. It helped me at least. No more pop ups since yesterday!!!

Alex_R
First Poster
Options

Anything I tried didn't work and I ended up getting just blank pop ups, but they were enough to disrupt so much (like not knowing it stops a video from recording several minutes into a video). I got pretty annoyed with it all. Turned off every single option and permission I could on the messages app and installed a third party app instead and set it as default. No pop ups anymore

0 Likes
Alhosary
First Poster
Options

Worked for me, thank you.

0 Likes
chowee
First Poster
Options
my Samsung s21 keeps saying open in chat room only when messaging certain people since it software updated and I don't use chat room where cant i find these chat room settings can someone please help or advise me
0 Likes