Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Change samsung pay location

(Topic created on: 25-09-2017 05:37 AM)
Mike16
First Poster
Options

I bought my phone in HK but I live in the UK and want to change the base to UK but don't know how. Help would be appreciated 

Go to solution
63 REPLIES 63
Abba1
First Poster
Options

All you need to do is to factory reset your phone through the settings and keep the SIM card from the country you want the region/location settings to change to in the phone and voila. I did this and it worked seamlessly. Only downside is that the factory reset erases everything on your phone, so make a backup.

0 Likes
Aseel
First Poster
Options

Use Google pay instead it works just fine. Also, make it your default application for paying.

0 Likes
myrinh
Journeyman
Options

Do you mean Google pay is working on the Samsung Galaxy watch Apps please describe how Thanks a lot

Xessive
Explorer
Options

I wish it was that simple. Unfortunately, Google Pay is not compatible with my bank. It seems they only work with Samsung Pay and Apple Pay.

Aseel
First Poster
Options

I do not know what you mean by galaxy watch (are you talking about the smart watch)?

Anyway to go into more detail, I imported my phone, note 10 plus, from Taiwan which has firmware of the Asia region (I do not know which one specifically). My Samsung Pay, as you see in the screenshot is in that language (I do not know what that language is) and therefore the service only works in that region as already specified in this post.

Now what I did is that I went ahead and downloaded Google Pay because I live in the UK and I am unable to use Samsung Pay (hence why I am here in the first place). Also, if you are talking about the smart watch and if it is true as to my believe that the watch will use the same Google Pay application then it should work.

Anyhow,  Google Pay is working just fine on an Asian imported Note 10 plusScreenshot_20191018-012142_Samsung Pay.jpg

Screenshot_20191018-012136_Samsung Pay.jpg

0 Likes
Aseel
First Poster
Options

Get one of those pre-paid debit cards from online based banks like Monzo in the UK. Most countries do pre-paid debit cards like that, you charge them or set up a separate account for them. Just make sure that it is compatible with Google Pay which Monzo is.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
hazrultaib
First Poster
Options

I'm using G975U model but stay in Malaysia. In Samsung Pay, in only show membership/loyalty card in the USA. I don't know how to change the region to Malaysia.

Does anyone try this method?

Does this really work?

@Abba1 wrote:

All you need to do is to factory reset your phone through the settings and keep the SIM card from the country you want the region/location settings to change to in the phone and voila. I did this and it worked seamlessly. Only downside is that the factory reset erases everything on your phone, so make a backup.

0 Likes
amirin2them
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, no, my friend.
Samsung (Google, or any other paying system) should be supported in your country first, then should be having agreement with your bank secondly.

0 Likes
mafri21
Student
Options

Hi,

i ordered a s10 with snapdragon from HK. Does google pay function here in germany or do i have to do some modifications?

regards

0 Likes
Mafri
First Poster
Options

Hi,

how did you do this, because everyone told me it is not possible to flash the firmware of a HK S10 to a USA U1 for example. Does Google Pay work for you with Chinese S10?

Regards

0 Likes