Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Can't turn samsung galaxy A50 off since latest update

(Topic created on: 05/05/21 00:42)
Angel-Eyes
First Poster
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
I installed latest update and set Bixby up, since then I can't turn phone off. The side buttons only control the volume and Bixby now. If I hold both buttons down for 15 seconds the phone turns off and straight back on again. There's no option to power off or restart anymore. I don't know if it's an update problem or Bixby problem? Does anyone know what to do to sort it out please.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
You need to go to your quick settings and press the button I have shown and once you have pressed it, there should be an option which says "Side Key Settings". Select the "Side Key Settings" option and there should be an option called "Press and Hold". There should be 2 options which are "Wake Bixby" and "Power Off Menu". Select the "Power Off Menu" and now you will be able to turn your phone off when you hold the power button. Hope this helped!

20210504_235300.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
You need to go to your quick settings and press the button I have shown and once you have pressed it, there should be an option which says "Side Key Settings". Select the "Side Key Settings" option and there should be an option called "Press and Hold". There should be 2 options which are "Wake Bixby" and "Power Off Menu". Select the "Power Off Menu" and now you will be able to turn your phone off when you hold the power button. Hope this helped!

20210504_235300.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
Angel-Eyes
First Poster
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Thankyou so much APARMAR, I've done as you've said and I can now turn phone off with side button again. Thanks for the quick reply and for helping me sort this problem out, you've been a great help!
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
No problem, I am so glad that I was able to help you. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
stuffusmsng
First Poster
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Thank you for answering this. My anger with Samsung is why do I have to do something that was never broken in the first place!
0 Likes