Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't turn samsung galaxy A50 off since latest update

(Topic created on: 25-05-2022 02:23 PM)
Angel-Eyes
Explorer
Options
I installed latest update and set Bixby up, since then I can't turn phone off. The side buttons only control the volume and Bixby now. If I hold both buttons down for 15 seconds the phone turns off and straight back on again. There's no option to power off or restart anymore. I don't know if it's an update problem or Bixby problem? Does anyone know what to do to sort it out please.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
You need to go to your quick settings and press the button I have shown and once you have pressed it, there should be an option which says "Side Key Settings". Select the "Side Key Settings" option and there should be an option called "Press and Hold". There should be 2 options which are "Wake Bixby" and "Power Off Menu". Select the "Power Off Menu" and now you will be able to turn your phone off when you hold the power button. Hope this helped!

20210504_235300.jpg

0 Likes
Angel-Eyes
Explorer
Options
Thankyou so much APARMAR, I've done as you've said and I can now turn phone off with side button again. Thanks for the quick reply and for helping me sort this problem out, you've been a great help!
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
No problem, I am so glad that I was able to help you. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
stuffusmsng
First Poster
Options
Thank you for answering this. My anger with Samsung is why do I have to do something that was never broken in the first place!
0 Likes
maccafan
First Poster
Options

I just got an a50 and rather than try all these suggestions got an app from playstore called Shutdown and works like a dream 

0 Likes
igiveanswer
Apprentice
Options

It sounds like there might be a software issue with your device that's preventing you from accessing the power options menu. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Force restart your phone: To do this, press and hold down the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds until your phone vibrates and restarts.

2. Try accessing the power options menu through the Settings app: Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset settings > Reset settings. This will reset your phone's settings to their default values, but it won't delete any of your data.

3. If the above steps don't work, try booting your phone into Safe Mode. To do this, press and hold down the Power button until the Samsung logo appears, then release the Power button and press and hold down the Volume Down button until the device finishes restarting. You should see the words "Safe mode" in the bottom left corner of the screen. From here, try to access the power options menu and see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, then it's likely that a third-party app is causing the problem. You can try uninstalling recently downloaded apps to see if that resolves the issue.

4. If none of the above steps work, you might need to perform a factory reset. Before doing so, make sure to back up all your important data as this will erase everything on your phone. To perform a factory reset, go to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset > Reset > Delete all.

5. Control more ways of turning or powering of your Samsung device from this website: https://www.samsunger.com/2023/04/how-to-turn-off-samsung.html 

If the issue persists after trying all of these troubleshooting steps, you may need to contact Samsung customer support or take your phone to a Samsung service center for further assistance.

0 Likes