Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access back-up from Samsung Cloud without my dead phone

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 03:53 PM)
fleur31
First Poster
Options

Just before my phone died I backed it up to the Samsung Cloud. I can sign into the Samsung Cloud on the web and I see my back-up is there, but to be able to access it I need to tap some kind of notification sent to my old phone. I can't even turn my old phone on now. I've put the SIM card into my new phone but don't receive the notification to it. Surely the whole point of backing up your phone is to be able to access your data if something happens to your phone - if it's broken, if it's lost, if it's stolen, etc. I've contacted customer support who tell me the verification is mandatory. I can't believe it.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@fleur31: If your new phone is a Samsung, you can simply head to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Backup and Restore > Restore Data, and follow the on screen prompts. You may need to add your Samsung Account to the phone before these steps are possible, therefore please do so via Accounts and Backup > Accounts > Add Account > Samsung. 

0 Likes
Maroš
Voyager
Options
your samsung cloud were moved to OneDrive automaticaly (photos and files)
0 Likes
fleur31
First Poster
Options

No, my new phone isn't a Samsung. I'm signed into Samsung Cloud on my laptop. 

I'm afraid I can't understand the other suggestion. Are you saying my Samsung Cloud was automatically moved to OneDrive? No, it hasn't been. Or are you saying I should do that, in which case how do I do that please?

0 Likes