Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby Routine to disconnect phone from Bluetooth device when connected to a certain Bluetooth Device

(Topic created on: 16-11-2022 05:21 PM)
Snar123
First Poster
Options

I want to automatically disconnect from my connected watch when connected to car audio or andriod auto.

is there a way to do that using Bixeby routines? i can only see it only can totaly switch bluetooth on or off not a specific blutooth device

#bixby routines

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Something like that should do it using Bixby.
Create a new routine and add the 2 parameters for connection / disconnection, then select relevant devices.Screenshot_20220726-211242_Bixby Routines_11333_1658866362.jpg
Members_vWNW3i3
Student
Options

Hello, this method is poor, because watches automatically reconnect to bluetooth again (because it's paired). Is possible to disconnect bt device AND disable  phone bt visibility for other devices, that's not actually connected?

Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Not sure exactly how you deem the method to be poor, and your assertion over BT connection is incorrect.
In this instance the handset is the object controlling and authorising the BT connection. By selecting 'Disconnect' for the Watch then you are severing the connection between watch / handset, and in doing so are revoking the BT 'authorised' connection. At that point the handset knows you don't want to have that connection live and the Watch won't even recognise the handset as being a paired device (so the fact it was previously paired is irrelevant). It will never re-pair or reconnect until the handset is physically instructed to re-connect and allow that device (in this instance, the Bixby routine re-instigating the connection).

Try it - disconnect your watch in the handset Bluetooth settings & then check the BT settings on your watch; the handset will not show as a paired device.
0 Likes
Members_vWNW3i3
Student
Options

I have this routine configured in my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. When BT connect to car Suzuki, then disconnect Honor Watch GS pro-6E7. But after BT connected to Suzuki, watches disconnected, but after ca 10 seconds is connect again. Maybe this do app Huawei Health, but in routines I can't kill this app (respectively app don't response tocommand End application). Thank you for ideas.

This is record of reconnecting: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XbCQefAuP3rXPcT98 

captain_j
Apprentice
Options

I am in the same water as you, watch constantly reconnects and has bluetooth priority no matter what i do. Huawei watch and Samsung S21.. Watch gets disconnected with routine but is back in a matter of seconds.

0 Likes