Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biometrics keep disappearing!

(Topic created on: 24-06-2023 12:09 AM)
Tanju91
Student
Options
Hello!
I am facing a big security issue with my Samsung galaxy A53 5G for the past month. I use biometric records (fingerprints) to unlock my phone and log into some apps. But since the beginning of June, at least four times my fingerprints just got erased completely from my phone. I had prints of 3 of my fingers saved. None of them were there. I had to re-record them every time.

No apparent issue seems to trigger this removal. It is like this time I am using my fingerprint to unlock my phone, but next time it is not there. When I am checking in Settings, it shows there is no fingerprint saved.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? If you know please help. It is a big security risk for me and my personal data. It has been almost one year since I bought this phone and this is the first time something like this is happening.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Try Deleting your previous finger prints and rescan
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Sorry, it seems you have already done it, as it is a security related matter, get advice from Customer services too
Tanju91
Student
Options
Hey. Thanks for the suggestion. I actually never deleted my fingerprints from the device. It actually deleted them on its own. That's my concern because I don't how it happened and not just once! Thank you for the advice, I'll contact the customer support.
0 Likes