Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto Keeps Crashing on my S21 and is unusable

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 11:08 PM)
wrl
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 and my car is the Peugeot 2008. The Android Auto keeps crashing when I connect my phone to the car. It connects and then disconnects repeatedly. Using the same USB cable and a Samsung Z Flip 2 the wife is able to use Android Auto without any issues. I don't know what is so specific with the S21 that it fails just for this device. I have installed all updates (OS, Security, Google Play) and have tried different cables but no success.
I think it is a bug that Samsung needs to resolve. 
Is there something I am missing?
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
GarethTT83
Apprentice
Options
Progress, so after the update it worked superbly for a 1hr15min journey. Then again on the way home, until my wife unlocked it. then it crashed multiple times and would not reconnect. Today my normal 45min commute it crashed 3 times and took longer than before to reconnect. So unless they sort it out properly this will end my 10 years of samsung the S21 has been a real let down for me
0 Likes
wrl
Apprentice
Options
Have you tried updating your car's software? You might have better luck than me. Also, it might not be a Samsung problem but an Android one so I'd be weary of any other Android manufacturer.
0 Likes
wrl
Apprentice
Options
And just like that Android Auto now works on my S21! I was able to use the Android Auto navigation without any issues over the weekend.
I'm not sure what's changed but it could be that my phone has auto updated the Android Auto/Google Maps apps and the bug has been fixed. I suggest installing the app updates on your phone and also updating your car's software.
Good luck.
0 Likes
TheShaner
First Poster
Options

Did you happen to figure this out?  I am having the exact same problem.  No issues in the morning, but constant crashes in the afternoon on the way back from work.  I am thinking it is somehow related to me getting emails or some other form of notification, but cannot track it down.  

0 Likes
pablodac1
Student
Options

I don´t know if someone already mentioned it. But, in my case the solution was to buy an original Samsung cable AND be sure that the phone is above 80% of battery. This last part is very important. If it has less battery, it keeps disconnecting.