Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add all sports trackin to S Health for wearables

(Topic created on: 23-01-2020 12:07 PM)
skyleth
Student
Options

I'm trying to track my route while kayaking, but I cann't start the activity from the Samsung Gear Sport nor the Galaxy Watch. The only option is to start it from the Samsung Galaxy phone but then, I can't track my route since the gps is the phone and is not water resistant, so I'm not taking it with me.

Please Samsung, add all activities to Samsung Health for wearables, since they are in the Samsung Health app for phones.

17 REPLIES 17
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @skyleth 

We've sent this off to our developers. We'll see what they come back with!

skyleth
Student
Options

Thank you, I hope they add it soon.

0 Likes
JoãoVeiga
Journeyman
Options
I am facing the same problem... hope Samsung has the ability to solve this quicly.
0 Likes
JoãoVeiga
Journeyman
Options

Samsung could do it like Polar does: from your smartphone app, you add or remove the sports  your want to have available in the smartwatch app. This way there is no need to have all the + 50 sports in the wacth app, just the ones you need.

0 Likes
JoãoVeiga
Journeyman
Options
Still no news from Samsung about this problem. It makes Galaxy Watch a very bad choice in terms off tracking sports.
Iqbalw04
First Poster
Options

@ChrisM

Any news on this ??

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi everyone, We've received feedback on this. The developers state that they are not planning to add any type of workout to Samsung Health for wearables. The same applies to the phone app. The developers are currently concentrating on improving the user experience during basic workout.
0 Likes
JoãoVeiga
Journeyman
Options

But if the sport/workout is allready in the phone Samsung Health app, like for example Tennis and Golf, why cannot they be also available in the Galaxy Watch? Besides, and again as an example, having tennis just in the phone app doesn't make any sense: is it supposed that we carry the phone in a pocket while playing tennis? And again, using the same examples, playing Golf or tennis, how to you had to the workout analisys  the amount of work done by your body in the swing, if not using the wearable sensors? (...just like iWatch, Garmin, Polar,...)

Look at the number of actual and potencial Samsung wearable costumers that play the sports (football, tennis, padel, golf,...)  that are in Samsung Health app but not in the Samsung Health for the Galaxy Watch. Is it so hard to see that this is a must do/have in the Galaxy Watch???

Tremlex
First Poster
Options

It's a joke that you can't track like fotball on the watch. 

I play fotball myself and it's ***** that i cant track that! There is fotball on phone app but not on the watch! Since when does someone have there phone on them when playing fotball, most of the time i don't even have pockets.....

Can also say thats why i choose my galaxy watch active2 when i saw that there was fotball in the app!!!....