Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW90T534DAN Auto Dose Issue

(Topic created on: 13-08-2023 12:01 PM)
madiuQ
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've had the above machine for just over a year and love it, but I've noticed the detergent compartment in the auto dose drawer seems to be filling with water.  Sometimes the liquid detergent looks a bit diluted but after running a cycle with bubble soak this morning the compartment had completely filled to the point of overflowing.  

The machine has also started telling me the softener is low when it isn't.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@madiuQ: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with the auto dose feature on your washing machine. To begin with, I recommend that you remove the drawer and clean it by following the guide on pages 57-58 of the user manual below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202210/20221018201131130/U-PJT_WASHER-AD_SimpleUX_WEB_...

Following this step, head to page 43, and use the guide to adjust the 'Dose per wash' and 'Dose per rinse' settings, to see if this helps. You may also wish to try using a different detergent to see if the problem persists. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

what they don't show in that diagram in the manual I don't think is that the 'whole of that lid' can be taken off fully and make cleaning of the drawer totally easier rather than just trying to clean it through the small openings where the liquid goes. 

andy_in_ireland_0-1691931983745.png

andy_in_ireland_1-1691932144814.png

0 Likes
madiuQ
Apprentice
Options

Thanks both, however I already remove and completely clean the dispenser and the hole it goes in every month 😞

What I'm struggling to understand is how the water gets inside the detergent compartment in the first place - I thought the pump at the back simply draws off the liquid inside, rather than injecting water?

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@madiuQ wrote:

Thanks both, however I already remove and completely clean the dispenser and the hole it goes in every month 😞

What I'm struggling to understand is how the water gets inside the detergent compartment in the first place - I thought the pump at the back simply draws off the liquid inside, rather than injecting water?

yes that is strange - there are water jets at the top of the drawer housing but these are positioned above the 'manual dose compartment' in the middle position of the drawer and if they are working as they should and aiming properly then they should just be aiming at the middle compartment to wash down say if you are using washing powder instead of liquid and wash that down out of the housing into the drum, not really getting to the other compartments in the drawer.

As well as the pump pumping liquid from the detergent compartment and the fabric softener compartment, you would still need that water going into the housing itself to mix with the liquid detergent and fabric softener and then take that into the drum , so water is still needed. 

could it be that the water pressure coming from your cold water pipe from your house is very powerful? - especially if its coming from a mains cold water pipe and this is spraying the water too powerful into the dispenser housing that it is getting into the auto dose detergent compartment somehow with the force of the water pressure? - maybe try turning down the water pressure on the cold water inlet tap connection with the blue ***** so the water going into the washing machine is not so powerful? - would that help I wonder?

0 Likes
YC5
First Poster
Options

Hi Andy you seem to know a lot about this machine. I was trying to clean drawer as was having same softener issue. When cleaning the white circle came off the auto dose part at back and I cannot get it to go back on. A grey circular seal also came off. It is slightly different to circular piece on detergent side. Just wondering should it be the same? Is there any images of how this should be put back on?

0 Likes
jdoh
Student
Options

My washer which is 9 months old has the same exact problem. The auto detergent is being diluted with water. Had the entire dispensing drawer replaced recently because the soap cover was broken at the rear corner and we thought the water was getting in that way. New drawer does the same thing.

After some troubleshooting I found that the water must be seeping in through the fill cover because if I drip water on it, the water drips through the twist in fill cover. When the overhead water squirters spray it appears to get everything wet so water must be going in that way. There is no gasket on the fill cover to seal it. I currently have put tape over the cover to prevent the water from seeping in. Is this a problem with my machine or a bad design?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

hello there. - I am just wondering how powerful your water pressure is on the cold water inlet of the washing machine? - presumably you have it up to the mains water? - that can be awful powerful sometimes. I am just wondering if its so powerful that instead of trickling into the autodose department its gushing in powerfully and getting in that way to the autodose compartments? 

If you have any one of these taps on the cold water pipe behind your machine , try turning it down a bit - reducing the water pressure and see if that helps. Good luck.

andy_in_ireland_0-1695585028282.png     

andy_in_ireland_1-1695585109136.png

andy_in_ireland_2-1695585279092.png

0 Likes
jdoh
Student
Options

Follow up to my last post. PROBLEM SOLVED! First off putting tape over the fill caps did prevent any water dilution. After some head scratching I decided to check the machine's level. Sure enough it showed low in front. The installer apparently didn't bother to level the unit. After releveling, with a very slight tilt to the rear, I had high hopes that this would prevent the water from migrating forward to the fill caps. Sure enough, it did! After using the machine for over a week (no tape on the fill covers), there is absolutely no dilution of the soap or rinse. Happy days. 😁