Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer stuck in rinse/spin cycle WW80J555FX/EU

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 11:05 AM)
CarleneJenkins
Student
Options
Front loading washing machine is glitching when it comes to the rinse and spin cycle on the program or even when just switched to spin.

It gets stuck in a loop where it won't complete the cycle and then the timer just starts over again.

So for example it completes whatever program it starts and then when it comes to rinsing and spinning it will say 36 mins. It then goes down to 34/33mins and then will cut out and go back to 36mins again.

Then turn it off to restart and put it on spin only.

Starts off at 13mins gets to 11mins stays on 11mins for an age, starts to spin up, timer skips up to 9mins timer then may go down to 6 or 5 mins at full spin and then timer goes back to 13 mins again and repeat.

Machine was bought around April 2018. So just about 2years old.

No error codes come up.

Smart check also comes up with nothing.

Machine was bought with 5 year Samsung warranty which has been registered.

Thanks

Carlene

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38
Blabla1
First Poster
Options

Just asking did your machine go into diagnostic mode? I think I might have a faulty pcb. The machine does not even let me go into diagnostic mode.

0 Likes
Dirtylaundry
Journeyman
Options

I was able to get it into diagnostic mode but it wasn’t as extensive a mode as I saw on the YouTube help videos. 

0 Likes
Paul Elliott
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue with brand new machine. Happens in all cycles. Trying to rinse and spin cuts out at 10mins and resets to 14mins. Cycle before was 36mins glitch resetting at 32mibs back to 36mins. 

Machine is unusable.

0 Likes
Pamela Freyne
First Poster
Options

My brand new (4 weeks old) Samsung washing machine is sticking on the spin cycles. It was set off on a 1hr 27min cotton wash at around 9am and when I got home that night around 7pm it was still spinning. Fluctuating between 12 & 14 minutes. Tonight it has reached 34 mins for around 2 hrs. I have stopped and restarted after rearranging the laundry twice. It’s a joke. Never in my life have I owned a washing machine whereby I had to pay attention as to how I load it! Perhaps I should iron and fold my dirty laundry before weighing it and then putting it in the machine. I want my money back!!!

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Pamela Freyne wrote:

My brand new (4 weeks old) Samsung washing machine is sticking on the spin cycles. It was set off on a 1hr 27min cotton wash at around 9am and when I got home that night around 7pm it was still spinning. Fluctuating between 12 & 14 minutes. Tonight it has reached 34 mins for around 2 hrs. I have stopped and restarted after rearranging the laundry twice. It’s a joke. Never in my life have I owned a washing machine whereby I had to pay attention as to how I load it! Perhaps I should iron and fold my dirty laundry before weighing it and then putting it in the machine. I want my money back!!!

try undoing the filter at the bottom right of the machine and see if its all clean in there , and make sure the drain pipe is not pinched and that the drain itself is not blocked and make sure the grey hose at the back of the machine goes up and then down into a standpipe, if the grey drain pipe is plumbed under the sink and its horizontal or pointing down water could be flowing into the machine from the sink popes  - sometimes if the water cannot drain from the drum properly then the machine wont go into a spin

0 Likes
Pamela Freyne
First Poster
Options

thanks for your reply but all the things you suggest have been checked and are fine! This ‘unbalanced load’ seems to be the issue!!! I have never heard of such nonsense. Too much technology that isn’t quite as smart as it thinks!! Tonight’s wash of socks, underwear and 2 pairs of children’s pyjamas on a cotton wash - has been in since 7.30pm, having been rearranged 3 times! Maybe Samsung could send me a picture of how they’d like me to arrange my 4kg of socks and underwear in my 11kg washing machine - this may be of use!!!😡

0 Likes
Options

Checking in from early 2024. Got exactly same symptoms on my Samsung washer as the original poster . Thing was stuck on one cycle constantly updating time, never finishing. Took the back panel off and sure enough, the plastic bracket broke off just like on those couple photos other people posted.

For folks who want to just order replacement part, it is called "Samsung DC61-02648A Washer Guide Wire ". They go for around $40-$50 with couple weeks of wait time from parts websites, or you can get used one from eBay for about $12.

While there, I also decided to do some service:
- while waiting for the part, I just found longer screw and used a large washer to pin the part back to the metal wall
- got a 48" level from the Lowes and leveled the thing to perfection
- and finally, ran Calibration twice on it (look for videos on Youtube)

Test run with a large blanket did great, everything finished on time. Even made less noise, I would assume from leveling it properly.

Good luck with your washer!

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I am a bit confused with this thread.
The WW80J555FX is a european washing machine and this is a european community group and people are mentioning dollars!
and the  WW80J555FX does not have that bracket pictured I dont think. 
And I think a washer guide wire goes around the porthole grey rubber door seal, and if that had come loose then that would not add time onto washing or go into a loop and not complete the cycle!

0 Likes
Options

Sorry we hijacked the thread. I was primarily googling for symptoms and right here found exact same ones that my US model(WF42H5000AW/A2-01) has. And other kind people have already solved it. Yay internet!

...and if that had come loose then that would not add time onto washing or go into a loop and not complete the cycle!

Exactly the thought I had looking at that broken plastic bracket, with all wires still attached. How in a world this is affecting washing cycles? My guess is balance sensors are quite sensitive, and bracket is affixed to the drum wall for a reason.