Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASHER SEAL FAULT

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 11:31 PM)
Maggz
Explorer
Options

Seal has broken on a SAMSUNG washer less than 6 months old. Advised not under warranty as its a perishable,  would not expect it to have perished so soon surely.

I paid upwards of £600 now they want me to pay a few hundred of my own money to have to repaired  my washing machine is useless as water empties from it flooding my kitchen when the seal has torn.

Surely it should withstand being loaded and uploaded I have had other brands with no issues. SAMSUNG is suppose to be a well made product not at the cheaper end of the market

How many people need to complain before it's taken as a manufacturing fault. My friends have checked online and seen thus is a recurring issue.

20220218_162106.jpg

220 REPLIES 220
Marion323
Student
Options

We should all report it to the government so there can be a recall

0 Likes
MGG30
Journeyman
Options

Hi Marion…. Sorry to hear you’re having the same issue as me and many others… I have decided to pursue a charge back claim against my Credit Card Company as I believe the seal is not fit for purpose and it is not durable enough.

I have telephoned and written to Currys  asking for any further help and that I am considering a charge back claim.

I will let you know how I get on. Many people do not have the confidence to change a seal themselves and shouldn’t have to as the seals are clearly not up to the job.

Regards

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

aren't recall's enacted for dangerous consumer products? or for products that are dangerous? - like if there was a dangerous bit of sharp metal, or risk of electrocution or fire
a imperfect door seal or imperfect material used in manufacturing would not fall into that category  I shouldn't think

0 Likes
Offaly 23
First Poster
Options

Hi. 

My Samsung washing machine is 6 months old and the seal became loose due to a wire that's holds it in place snapping. DiD electrical tells me it's not covered under warranty,  this is ridiculous as the wire should be secure. There is a guy coming to fix it on Tuesday,  I'm hoping I don't get charged because the machine is faulty.  Paid 500 euro for it. 

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

In Enlgand we  claim against the retailer and credit card company as many believe this is an inherent faultcheck your consumer law likely to be the same.  If no joy we send a letter before legal action.  If I found myself in the odd situation of pauing for a repair I would make it clear it was under protest and claim back from the retailer. 

0 Likes
JoRob
First Poster
Options

I think you're exactly right. When we took the clothes out, after our damaged seal and (very flimsly) ring had fallen on the floor, a pair of PJs and a pair of jeans were tangled into a rope. I'm convinced they had done the damage. I've just waved goodbye to a repairman, after waiting nearly two weeks, who couldn't fix it as they'd sent him the wrong seal. So now I'm tempted to get a refund from the retailer. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@JoRob wrote:

I think you're exactly right. When we took the clothes out, after our damaged seal and (very flimsly) ring had fallen on the floor, a pair of PJs and a pair of jeans were tangled into a rope. I'm convinced they had done the damage. I've just waved goodbye to a repairman, after waiting nearly two weeks, who couldn't fix it as they'd sent him the wrong seal. So now I'm tempted to get a refund from the retailer. 

I hope by "they'd sent him the wrong seal" he did not just look at the new seal and it looked different to the old seal on your washing machine , because the new seal (improved) seal is different from the old one I think, the new ones have this extra bit of rubber on it here where the red arrows are in pointing in this picture:

andy_in_ireland_0-1679489098115.png

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@JoRob wrote:

a pair of PJs and a pair of jeans were tangled into a rope. I'm convinced they had done the damage.  

i think for a start that is something else you will have to address - your jeans should not be tanged into a rope if the machine is used / set correctly for the clothes it is washing. I think maybe to do with drum revolutions? - what spin speed are you using if its too high it might tangle them up - and are you choosing a correct wash cycle for jeans? 
Is your Samsung the one you can download programs onto (Laundry recipe) from your phone I think there is a jeans cycle. 

0 Likes
MGG30
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andy….  (and all)

There is a common thread to the comments on this forum post…. Clothes are repeatedly and regularly getting stuck in the seal / door area.  This is despite not overloading, making sure clothes are not near the seal when closing the door, using different spin speeds etc  etc

Damage seems to occur  to the seal due to the clothes being trapped during the wash/spin resulting in either shredded or “sanded” seal, damaged seal ( torn or ripped) or then the retainer spring being removed and seal coming off.

The design of the seal does not seem fit or purpose or durable enough.

it appears to me the cause is the same but the damage to the seal etc varies according to items being washed etc etc

Another similarity in this post relates to the number of times people say they have never encountered problems like this before, many like myself having had many machines all of which lasted over 7 years.

I have now given Currys 3 weeks to respond to my complaint and I am now placing a Charge back claim with my credit card provider.  Curry’s initially acknowledged my email but nothing else despite my follow ups.

Best regards to all

Leighton Corbett
Journeyman
Options

Bought washing machine from Samsung website just over a year ago and I just encountered the seal problem, walked into my utility room and water everywhere. I am waiting for phone call tomorrow on the cost, if I end up paying for this I will not buy another Samsung product again. 

IMG20230328150528.jpg

0 Likes