Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASHER SEAL FAULT

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 11:31 PM)
Maggz
Explorer
Options

Seal has broken on a SAMSUNG washer less than 6 months old. Advised not under warranty as its a perishable,  would not expect it to have perished so soon surely.

I paid upwards of £600 now they want me to pay a few hundred of my own money to have to repaired  my washing machine is useless as water empties from it flooding my kitchen when the seal has torn.

Surely it should withstand being loaded and uploaded I have had other brands with no issues. SAMSUNG is suppose to be a well made product not at the cheaper end of the market

How many people need to complain before it's taken as a manufacturing fault. My friends have checked online and seen thus is a recurring issue.

20220218_162106.jpg

220 REPLIES 220
Rjs1980
First Poster
Options

Mine broke within 8 weeks! Looks in exactly same place! Samsung saying it’s wear and tear when clearly it should last longer than 8 weeks. I’m disgusted 

MGG30
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to hear you’re in the same situation as me after only 8 weeks.

I have tried a chargeback against my credit card ( or debit card) but my claim would be outside the 240 day (6 month) time limit.

yours is well within so I would consider a charge back claim and get retailer to argue its case with your bank

My only course is to take the case to a small claim court which I am considering 

Its such a shame that a Company like Samsung ( or Curries) can’t see all these posts and do the right thing

I am sure they must see this thread and at the least could put a response on here.

All the best to all

0 Likes
charliesdad
Apprentice
Options

have people had a successful outcome with this yet?
this has happened to our machine. Over a year old. They have asked if we took out the extended warranty.
we did - im yet to discover the next step. Regardless this is obviously a design or manufacturing fault and not user error nor wear and tear. 
It is a fault that makes it not fit for purpose. 
Samsung should repair and consider correcting the reason for the fault, without considering any warranty. 

0 Likes
Leighton Corbett
Journeyman
Options

I paid just over £100 to get it fixed. No point chasing, won't buy another Samsung product.

Prosecco2
Explorer
Options

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue too.  From my understanding you have up to 6 years to make a chargeback claim (under Section 75).  As I mentioned in my earlier post I took out another policy with Domestic & General which covers consumables (for £6.00 per month).  My daughter noticed water on the floor last week (and I can feel a small nick in the new seal) so it will be interesting to see if this one also fails. Definitely a fault in the rubber seal, and it's so annoying that they say the fault is down to wear and tear after a matter of weeks/months! Good luck getting it sorted.

charliesdad
Apprentice
Options

thanks,
they just said that our warranty is until dec 23. And then asked what we were washing! 
regardless of the warranty, this should now be a known flaw and should fall under the 'not fit for purpose,' rule of consumer rights 2015.
it would be interesting to see if anyone has taken it further. 
My wife is also now worried that even if they do replace the seal 'under warranty', that the replacement will fail. 
we will see where it goes but if they monkey around Ill contact the ombudsman. 

0 Likes
charliesdad
Apprentice
Options

wow . our machine was £600, dont fancy writing off another £100!

0 Likes
KennethConway
First Poster
Options

I've had the exact same issue as everyone else after less than 6 months. Don't bother wasting your time contacting Samsung on this, complete waste of time. I've had to pay €148 to get it fixed. They'll just tell you on the phone that warranty doesn't cover this. They don't have any interest in discussing or listening to the main issue which is that everyone is having the same problem and it's clearly defective (to some extent). I won't be touching another Samsung product again, you pay over the odds for sub standard design / manufacturing (at least on the washing machine side). Hopefully some potential customers will at least see this and avoid purchasing this product.

0 Likes
Disapointed
Navigator
Options

in England you can try and claim that cost from retailer,saying youpaid under protest  but normally they refund / replace the machine. My refund was with retailer as withmy contracts and statutory rights.

0 Likes
Leighton Corbett
Journeyman
Options

My new seal which I had replaced recently is already showing minor tear. I definitely ain't paying for another repair. 

0 Likes