Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASHER SEAL FAULT

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 11:31 PM)
Maggz
Explorer
Options

Seal has broken on a SAMSUNG washer less than 6 months old. Advised not under warranty as its a perishable,  would not expect it to have perished so soon surely.

I paid upwards of £600 now they want me to pay a few hundred of my own money to have to repaired  my washing machine is useless as water empties from it flooding my kitchen when the seal has torn.

Surely it should withstand being loaded and uploaded I have had other brands with no issues. SAMSUNG is suppose to be a well made product not at the cheaper end of the market

How many people need to complain before it's taken as a manufacturing fault. My friends have checked online and seen thus is a recurring issue.

20220218_162106.jpg

220 REPLIES 220
Prosecco2
Explorer
Options

image.jpg

 The seal damage seems to look pretty much similar in all the complaints on this forum and  is also the same shape as the fixings surrounding the glass door!

image.jpg

0 Likes
Bryllypit
First Poster
Options

Ugh, I feel your pain on this one. I had a similar issue with my SAMSUNG washer, and it's a total bummer that it broke so soon. And what's even worse is that it's not covered under warranty because of a "perishable" part? That's rough.I had the same problem and fixed it with the help of Music City Appliance Services. They've got the skills to get my washer back in action and won't break the bank. Trust me, a flooded kitchen is no fun, and you don't want to be stuck with a useless washing machine. Don't let this washer seal fault bring you down. Check out their site at https://musiccityappliance.services/ for more info and some tips

0 Likes
Prosecco2
Explorer
Options

Luckily there's only a minor leak at the moment so I am okay to keep using the machine.  But it just annoys me when Samsung reckon that 6 months wear and tear is an acceptable time period for something to fail/perish.  I believe there is a faulty batch of seals, given the photos I've seen posted on here completely match mine. Samsung say that if an engineer visit is made and he determines the seal is faulty then I can try and claim my money back (£117).  However I have no faith in Samsung and will not be buying anything else from them in the future.  The 5 year warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on!

0 Likes
Options

This happened to me twice in 2years!

B0500806-2F0D-4375-9A5C-7B1BAD3B2398.jpeg

0 Likes
Prosecco2
Explorer
Options

I believe there may be a manufacturing fault on these seals as far too many people have had the same issue.  The fact that Samsung no longer cover the  seals  under the 5 year warranty speaks volumes. 

0 Likes
Options

I’m never buying Samsung again! Obviously everyone’s broken seal looks exactly like mine in the same place at the bottom of the seal! A chunk missing 2x in 24 months, had other washing machines in past and Bosch for many years never once had this problem! Samsung please do the honourable thing with integrity and take note of all these complaints. I’ve messaged them today on FB sending them this links page about the large number of complaints and the response was “we’re not aware of it”  that’s just plain ignorant not taking into consideration customers complaints. Your washing machine will not sell well in the future. You’re degrading your own reputation 👎

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

if you live in UK why not try contacting BBC Watchdog consumer issues programme on The One Show . I think they really should be doing a piece on this particular problem with the samsung door seals failing at such a alarming rate and Samsung not covering the repairs . - if watchdog get enough people highlighting the issue i am pretty sure the show may well do a piece on it. 
email:  watchdog@bbc.co.uk

Doberman78
Apprentice
Options

Wouldn't repairing it yourself void the warranty for any future problems?

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Doberman78 wrote:

Wouldn't repairing it yourself void the warranty for any future problems?

If samsung wanted to yes, yes they could be funny/awkward and say you have. I mean say if the main motor packed up ... and they said to you that they were not going to replace the main motor because you voided the machine warranty by changing the rubber door seal. Now, you and me and some others would say that changing the rubber door seal has absolutely no effect whatsoever why the main motor has packed up - but if Samsung wanted to be absolutely to the letter of the warranty , and small print of the warranty and legalities and conditions ... then yep they can cite repairing it (replacing the door gasket) yourself has indeed voided the whole warranty on the machine. (they will most probably cite as well that they were within their rights as well) 

However if you needed the machine back in service/use quickly and did not / could not wait for an engineer to call out , and knew you would have to pay for engineer callout and the labour to replace it and the price of the OEM manufacturers part then do you know what, with a search on the internet you could not only buy the door gasket easily, you could more than likely get the part delivered next day, then look on youtube for plethora of video's of how to replace it yourself easily with minimal tools and know how - and then your back to using your washing machine again

0 Likes
Prosecco2
Explorer
Options

They are totally aware of the issues with the seals and this is why they're no longer covered on the warranty.  I complained to the Customer Service Manager and he said he would raise my complaint with the manufacturing department.   I don't believe he had any intention of doing so and just wanted me off the phone!