Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbalanced load but what now? WW5000 9kg

(Topic created on: 19-10-2021 08:14 PM)
callistabelle
Apprentice
Options

I have a WW5000 eco bubble 9kg, bought it 6 months ago. I washed a duvet cover last week, it was in a mesh bag, it didn't spin so I took it out of the bag, spread it out and added some other clothes. As I didn't know how far in the cycle it got to I put it on a shorter wash cycle and it was fine.

I've done other loads since and they were all ok.

Today I wanted to wash my pillow. I put the pillow in. It didn't spin - got stuck at 9 minutes like the other post I saw on here. Before looking here I rang technical support, they suggested I use a lower spin speed, like 800 max, use the bedding cycle and add another pillow in to balance the load.

I did as instructed. Now I have TWO soaking wet pillows that won't spin. Is there something I can do to get the machine to spin my pillows? I have already taken them out, spread them out to try and even out the load. I tried putting a fluffy but very light blanket in between the two pillows to try and even them out but it's not working. I am really annoyed with this. My old washing machine which I had for 14 years until it decided to break washed all these things with no problem. Now I have a brand new machine that can't cope with washing pillows or a duvet cover. At the moment, they just turn and turn but as soon as it tries to pick up speed it goes back to just tumbling. 😠

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
callistabelle
Apprentice
Options

I tried again today with just the one pillow, on a drain and spin cycle (800) and held the machine, it finally went through the spin cycle, but what a time-consuming and frustrating performance that was.

0 Likes