Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-even fridge freezer doors - RS67A8810S9

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 04:45 PM)
Deemcg
Apprentice
Options

How can you adjust the doors on RS67A8810S9 American fridge freezer when you can only adjust the right side and it says in the instructions you can adjust both ?

Has anyone worked this out ? 

13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@Deemcg: Details on how to detach the doors can be found on pages 41-44 of the user manual by following the link below. I see what you mean about the instructions to adjust the height of the door, found on page 32, however I recommend applying the steps to the left hand clamp-nut, as the steps should be identical. 

DA68-04277A-00_SEUK_RSFL_2Door.pdf (samsung.com)

0 Likes
Deemcg
Apprentice
Options

Thanks.

I don’t want to take the doors off just need to align the left hand door as right hand is at its lowest and the left hand door does not have the same adjustable mechanism only the leveller . 

Nwabu
First Poster
Options

Any idea on how to set American fridge freezer temperature?
0 Likes
TB2000
First Poster
Options

Did you ever fix this? I have the same issue

0 Likes
Steve 2021
Student
Options

I too have exactly the same problem with a new Samsung American Style fridge freezer delivered today.

Fridge door is at its lowest height setting but still 7mm higher than the freezer door.

Contacted Samsung Customer Service with photos today, waiting for a reply.

dengor
Apprentice
Options

My American fridge also has a higher right door even when fully lowered using adjuster nut. The only way I could level it a bit more (still a few mm off) was to wedge a few mm of card under the rear right corner of the fridge. 

0 Likes
Steve 2021
Student
Options

Thanks Dengor, I will give that a try. Not impressed with the Samsung quality control system allowing fridges to reach end users with a clearly visible manufacturing fault!!

Samsung should be relying on end users to come up with solutions to correct their manufacturing errors!

0 Likes
ChrisOD
Apprentice
Options

I've posted this on another thread but will include it here in the hope that it helps somebody:

Something to try as it worked on mine.  Initially the right-hand door was about half-an-inch higher than the left. 

On my model there's an adjustable black plastic foot on the left hand side of the unit (i.e. the freezer side) at the front which is turnable with either a screwdriver or a big wrench.  It's circular and maybe half-an-inch in depth and should turn fairly easily.  When I turned this foot clockwise, that corner of the fridge-freezer moved upwards and, by some magic, the gap between the two doors reduced.  It takes a few turns, and I'm not sure if there's a limit to how far you can go, but I've turned mine now so that the two doors are more or less level.  

Sounds counter-intuitive, and there's no mention of it in the instructions, but it seemed to work.  Might be worth a go, if nothing else has worked.

Lid3
First Poster
Options

Perfect. Samsung pls amend your instructions.