Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung f/freezer missing rear ventilation grille

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 10:20 PM)
Heehog
Explorer
Options

Hi, can anyone confirm please? 

Does your Samsung fridge/freezer have a full top-to-bottom covering at the rear?  Ours was delivered with the lower rear ventilation grille missing, leaving a large approx 10" high gaping hole at the lower rear, exposing the compressor(?) and bits of cable/pipework.  See picture.  Missing lower grille.jpg

The pictures  of our model on Samsung's website show this grille in place, but Samsung UK help desk staff insist that it's safe to use without and that this grille is not provided in the UK, despite their website pictures.  

I'm not convinced, so I was hoping to hear from others whether their story holds water. 

Is it truly safe to use like this?  I've noticed that small pipe on the right hand side can get VERY hot.  

Model is RB34T602ESA/EU, but we now regret buying a Samsung as we're concerned about the fire risk.  If their website shows a covering grille in place,  it must be there for a reason. 

Impossible to speak to our retailer Currys, as they've auto-diverted their phones direct to Samsung's help desk, but that's a separate issue.

Does anyone else's fridge/freezer look like this? 

Advice appreciated, thank you.  

76 REPLIES 76
FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

Hello Heehog just had this message back from argos after they contacted the tech team. So this will throw another spanner in the works....

Quote Argos <Hi Jan, I have an email back from the correct team and they have confirmed that this indeed should be covered. They are looking into the correct timescale of the guarantee. They have advised we should get this replaced for you as this should have a panel on.

Huh go figure as they say. Watch this space ......

jaydee5
Explorer
Options

After spending 1 1/2 hrs on the phone friday (at my expense) to no avail & nearly 3 hours...yes 3 hours speaking to 'Samsung Experts' working from home (again at my expense) where at one point I was put through to a mobile phone department, it has apparently been established that this model & the others in the range do not come with the lower grille/cover. I asked "why not" as there are mouldings/ fixings to accommodate a grill? Reply was A++ models do not have the lower cover! They tried to order it & it bounced back.  I can't see any grille on their parts department as a replacement to purchase either.  I am like you FlossyT, I purchased this as my preference was the fully covered back as I have heavily shedding dogs! I explained this & they have escalated it to a 'case manager'.  I have advised that the image shown amounts to misrepresentation - the agent (one of 5 I have spoken with today)  advised I could get a replacement? surely not of the same product as he had just advised it doesn't come with the lower cover?!!!! If I picked another model, you can't trust their bloody images & may end up the same.  I am awaiting a call from a 'case manager' within 24/48hrs.  I am also in contact with the supplier A.O. Com.  

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

Yes sounds like we're all going through the same thing. However Argos just told me that she was told they are supposed to have a cover & they need to get me a replacement ordered AAAAAARGH!  see feedback all other buyers have had replacements with still no cover. So they emptied out the new fridge freezer without plate cover & was then delivered one exactly the same. OMG. I've added my case on Facebook Samsung Jaydee, Take a look if you have an account. I spent ages sending & receiving messages & now some joker comes on stating can you send us this on a PM. Well I've just about had it with them. I've no doubt whomever asked for that PM must be some kind of joker. I've written it all there so now he wants me to write all again in a PM - WHY? Just to be damned awkward. 

Running around in circles like headless chickens all of us & I believe they find it amusing.. 

When all is said & done they don't know their A from their elbow so they just send us in circles. 

However your call stating they can't get the part is new & very interesting.

My bird will have feathers stuck to that motor daily .. So I'll be hauling it in & out every day. All in all theyre not fit for purpose because theyre sold as being protected & easy to vacuum clean due to them quote 'They've got us covered' Which was their selling pun... the irony of it. 

quote < It can be difficult to keep the backs of refrigerators clean and safe, but we've got it covered – with the metal Clean Back cover. unquote

Good luck jaydee!

0 Likes
jaydee5
Explorer
Options

I'll keep you updated as & when FlossyT & heehog

jaydee5
Explorer
Options

P.S just to say I have the silver piece of aluminium tape & the paint on the compressor joint (not on floor however) it's normal 

Heehog
Explorer
Options

FlossyT: "There's no mention of the 5 year guarantee either in the paperwork included".

I found the same thing and had to create an online Samsung account and register the appliance, quoting serial no., purchase date, etc .  They then email you back with the 5yr warranty. 

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

Thank you Heehog that's very helpful! 

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

not on the floor... LOL that tickled me. Yes its an ugly splodge carelessly dripped & left. 

I believe they were in such a hurry making some alteration to UK models & they just couldn't be bothered to put the plates back on. I'll bet that wherever they made these alterations has a stack of OUR plates just sat there or discarded.

You've put my mind at rest & I thank you for that regarding the paint & foil. 

I'm assuming we're meant to remove the 'half on half off' foil Jaydee.

I have to say the coolness in the fridge in all areas is impressive, The speed it made ice was very fast. The sides did get hot last night or very very warm. They Are now cool.

The quietness when not power cooling or freezing is astonishing, Sound isn't really discernible.

All in all this back panel caper has been very stressful & still is due to no clear explanations.

I believe unless the backs have been removed for UK safety standards 'We need an explanation stating that'

If the backs have been removed for UK updates e.g. the daubed painted area to protect the hot pipe, & just failed to replace them, then Samsung need to provide us with a 'replacement plate & confirmation it's safe'

Thank you again jaydee!

jaydee5
Explorer
Options

My husband says to leave the foil in situ. FlossyT

FlossyT
Pioneer
Options

Oh goodness really. It was half on half off so I assumed it was meant to be taken off like all other sticky bits. I'll put it back as yours also has it Thank you so much again... Samsung should pay you!

0 Likes