Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS68A884C Fridge freezer ice maker keeps turning on

(Topic created on: 15-08-2023 10:44 AM)
NeoDoug1
Journeyman
Options
Hi all!

I have recently purchased a Samsung RS68A884C American fridge freezer, and am loving it so far!

However, the ice maker keeps turning itself on... It doesn't seem to matter if I switch it off via the control panel or the SmartThings app, by the next day it has switched itself back on... Anyone else have a similar experience? How do I get it to stay switched off until I actually want it on? 

Many thanks! 

Doug 
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @NeoDoug1 

Have you followed the instructions on page 48 of the user manual? Have a look here: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202102/20210215164449044/DA68-04277A-00_SEUK_RSFL_2Doo... 

NeoDoug1
Journeyman
Options
HI @ChrisM

Yes, I've used the control panel to turn it off, and I've also used the SmartThings app toggle...

However, since posting the original question, it's only happened once... Maybe it was just some quirk while it was getting used to the AI powersaving mode?

Thanks anyway!
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's encouraging, @NeoDoug1. Hopefully, it was just a temporary issue and it has resolved itself. Please keep us updated.

NeoDoug1
Journeyman
Options
Update : I've given up trying to switch it off now, and just leave it on... It's not the end of the world, just a minor annoyance!
0 Likes
Polly24
Student
Options

I bought mine a few weeks ago and have the same problem, ice maker keeps turning back on within 24 hours of me turning it off.  I am following instructions on page 48.

NeoDoug1
Journeyman
Options
I think it turns itself on every time it is used. My ice box is full, so I turn it off, but occasionally I use some ice, then within an hour it turns itself back on, even if I just take 1 or 2 cubes... I've given up turning it off now.
0 Likes