Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the fuse on the WF70F5E2W4X/EU

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 02:49 PM)
firestarter
Explorer
Options

Hello,
I've seen a few reports of people having issues with Eco bubble washing machines cutting out or not powering on.
Ours failed during a cycle and then the next day no power. Whilst waiting for the repair engineer over a few days our electric tripped. Thought nothing of it until removing the washing machine ready for the repair.

The plug smelt funny and on closer inspection the fuse had melted and scorched the socket.

This machine is just under 5 years old. I find it strange that some of the questions on the phone during the technical quiz of the problem related to scorch marks around the plug socket. The engineer arrived and replaced the electric cable and also blown controller board..... handy having the spares already on the van.

Have Samsung a problem with boards and electrics in these machines???? Will we see a pattern in the next few years and see a denial of issues like the Hotpoint fires??

washer plug.jpeg

152 REPLIES 152
Perry7
Apprentice
Options
Glad you were satisfied! Mine had problems a couple of months later again so decided to replace the machine and vowed to never get a Samsung washer again. Hope you fair better.
0 Likes
NickPosh
Apprentice
Options

Did you have the same plug issue or something else?
We have already had the pcb failure where it couldn't stay on for more than a few minutes.
Im happy they rectified, but I don't think I would buy another either.  Would be happy to get a few years out of this one though!

0 Likes
Members_XzbINJC
First Poster
Options

No you don’t take this seriously. You rep just hung up on me because I said I won’t be accepting a repair this time. Brand new December 2020 and 2 fires caused so far

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @Members_XzbINJC, to guide you with this, can you please send a PM to @Sam_UK with further details, so one of the mods will be able to get this looked into for you?

Olu3
First Poster
Options
I've had a a similar issue after 8 months of buying my eco bubble. Samsung repair person took two weeks to come out and didn't fix the problem. They wanted me to wait another two weeks but waiting a month seemed a bit unreasonable for me esp with a young family.

Samsung customer service were not helpful at all. Do not waste your time calling them.

Lucky my issue surfaced early so able to go back to retailer for refund.

Previously was a big fan of Samsung but I will be giving their products a wide berth now.20220807_094215_22266_1659861735.jpg20220730_131336_22180_1659183216.jpg20220807_094208_22265_1659861728.jpg
0 Likes
Olu3
First Poster
Options
Seriously surprised Which? or any of those guys have not picked this up.
0 Likes
neil18
Apprentice
Options

exactly the same issue with my ecobubble model last week. Ours never tripped  out somehow but only came to my attention when it stopped spinning. I checked the plug and the fise was black.and the inside of the plug was melted. There were scortch marks on the socket. in test mode error code UC and 3E. No errors when u put a wash on ! just sits idle on spin. Getting someone out to check plug and socket. Could have easily been a fire. so dangerous

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@neil18: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

garmcqui
Student
Options

Another user with the exact same issue here. Mine is a WF80F5E0W4W/EU. Stopped mid cycle and when I went to check the fuse, found this. 

A51F9CCF-DD83-4FB9-B6CB-3DDB4292B22A.jpeg

Has anyone had any luck getting a resolution on an out of warranty machine? 

0 Likes
neil18
Apprentice
Options
Yes they were adamant to come out to the house and replace the moulded plug. I cancelled several times as i had no choice to buy a new machine but kept on emailing me to sort out. They seemed desperate to change the socket. Mine was out of warranty. They never reimbursed me for me having to call an electrician to check the socket because u dont expect a Samsung product these days to have such a major/dangerous repeating issue. The electrician said the plug was fine. That plug is exactly the same as mine burnt out on the right terminal only. It was a hassle as it took so long initially that I had no choice but to immediately buy a new washing machine as 3 kids and a wife nagging me. So I'm out of pocket and a supposedly fixed washing machine in the garage just sitting there. I've not even tried to see if it works as I have no faith in samsung and will never buy a product again. They wouldn't admit it was a recall even though we all have the exact same story and it continues still. Maybe they are waiting for a major house fire because the burnt out fuse never tripped the electrics!!