Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Machine Stops 15 mins into the drying cycle.

(Topic created on: 31-12-2016 05:18 PM)
Nosfy
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys.

Looking for some help and Samsung customer service have been pretty poor so far.

My Washing Machine (WD80J6410AX) has started to stop 15mins into any drying cycle we choose. The washing cycles are 100% fine but when it come to drying it just stops. There are no errors displayed or anything.

I have literally tried everything I can think of (reduce load, clean it all, run calibration etc.).

Any ideas? Or anyone experiences this before?

Thanks.,

Go to solution
11 REPLIES 11
Nathanx
Journeyman
Options

Tip to stop this happening, run drum clean cycle regularly and most important dont over load, most washer dryer can only dry half the washload.

Look on the front panel of your machine it will show dryer capacity.

Another tip is dont use too much fabric contitoner in the wash, as this can leave residue that makes the fluff stick.

0 Likes
bad-choices
First Poster
Options
I'm having this issue now. Cleaned out the whole of the dryer ducts, including the fan. Then decided to have a wild idea to check the heating element. Normally when I have to clear the lint out of the ducting, I have to leave it sit for a couple hours after dryer use before I can touch anything on the dryer ducts due to it being scolding hot. This time however, even with the dryer running (for the 15 minutes it runs for) there is no heat at all.

My guess, either thermostat, thermistor or heating element. I'll replace all 3.
0 Likes