Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freshly washed clothes smell of nothing!

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 07:07 PM)
Avie17
First Poster
Options

I have a new washing machine with the auto dispense drawer. 

Ever since I got this machine my freshly washed clothes come out not smelling fresh! (Smells of nothing)

I have made sure the rinse per dose etc is on (currently on med) 

I dont fill the machine with lots of clothes and wash on the cotton setting. 

Have used the clean drum option also too. 

I never had this issue with my old machine which was a manual dispense drawer. 

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? 

I miss my freshly smelling clothes. Please help! 

Thank you 😊 

28 REPLIES 28
Laura B25
Student
Options

My machine is brand new, but have done all of the above and no joy. It's completely ridiculous when we have spent so much on the machine and Samsung will not acknowledge this as an issue.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Laura B25 wrote:

My machine is brand new, but have done all of the above and no joy. It's completely ridiculous when we have spent so much on the machine and Samsung will not acknowledge this as an issue.

How can they possibly acknowledge as an issue?  - its got to be operator error hasnt it? - out of thousands being sold, every now and again on the forum a handful of people say that their washing smells of nothing. If it was a design fault/manufacturing fault of the machine there would be a lot more posts about it. 

check all the detegents and fabric softener you are using , make sure you are not overloading the machine (remember some cycles will not let you wash a full drum of clothes) and make sure your drainage from your washing machine is plumbed right (no backfilling from sink trap and not going into smelly drain) and make sure you make use of bubble soak , steam, and intense options and dry your items on the line outside in the air rather than a tumble dryer then (unless there really is a fault with your auto dispense system) I cannot see why your washing would not be coming out smelling fresh

0 Likes
Sasa Vac
Apprentice
Options

Ask them to do a reset of the machine over the phone, that’s what they did with mine. As above, the process took about an hour but the issue was resolved. 

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Sasa Vac  wrote:

Ask them to do a reset of the machine over the phone, that’s what they did with mine. As above, the process took about an hour but the issue was resolved. 

interested in this. How did they 'do a reset of the machine over the phone' - I know the machine is internet enabled and that it connects to your home router is that how they done it, sent software/firmware over the internet to your washing machine? 
Or did they just give you instructions over the phone how to reset it? - any more info about this?
Thanks. 

0 Likes
Laura B25
Student
Options

I have been using washing machines for c. 30 years and never had these issues so not sure how it is operator error. I use fairy, comfort, Lenor. I dry either on clothes horse or outside. Have had washing machine in this house previously and clothes always smelling fresh. Drainage has al

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

thanks for the reply - I could never have detected that, I cannot see over the internet I havent got those physic powers 😁

These newer ones  though, compared to old washing machines of years ago, are a lot more energy saving - that means less water used to wash and rinse , use less detergent and conditioner (in the case of the autodose system it measures out enough for the wash) so maybe in your old washing machines you maybe might of overdosed in places , newer washing machines rinse out the detergent and conditioner  better - on the flip side others with allergies would be  saying if they didnt that their new washing machines were giving them rashes because it was not rinsing all the fabric softener out. 

how about as a test buying some of those wash capsules with built in fabric softener and see if your clothes come out smelling nicer . - if it does then (if you are not overloading for the wash) maybe there is a fault with the autodosing system on yours (blocked up , or not adding enough detergent and softener to your wash) 

0 Likes
Eve JP
Explorer
Options

After much much research time with Samsung and all - inward able to return Samsung Bespoke - the absolute worst buy ever. I paid 40% more and got Miele. After a week I can say it’s 100000% better - just avoid new Samsung - years ago they were great but today everywhere there is an issue: 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Eve JP wrote:

After much much research time with Samsung and all - inward able to return Samsung Bespoke - the absolute worst buy ever. I paid 40% more and got Miele. After a week I can say it’s 100000% better - just avoid new Samsung - years ago they were great but today everywhere there is an issue: 

Has your Miele got autodose and wifi and all the other features of your previous samsung for that 40% more?

0 Likes
GBUser
First Poster
Options

Add ours to the list. I’m yet to try the ‘reset’ people talk about below.  But we’ve spent ages trying to work out why our washing doesn’t smell fresh or of much at all.

The auto wash dose is on high, and softener medium. It’s using it, but just doesn’t seem to use enough for a fresh washing smell. Tried different liquids.

Cleaned more than enough times, inc drain and dispenser.

I’ve not yet contacted Samsung.

0 Likes