Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freshly washed clothes smell of nothing!

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 07:07 PM)
Avie17
First Poster
Options

I have a new washing machine with the auto dispense drawer. 

Ever since I got this machine my freshly washed clothes come out not smelling fresh! (Smells of nothing)

I have made sure the rinse per dose etc is on (currently on med) 

I dont fill the machine with lots of clothes and wash on the cotton setting. 

Have used the clean drum option also too. 

I never had this issue with my old machine which was a manual dispense drawer. 

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? 

I miss my freshly smelling clothes. Please help! 

Thank you 😊 

28 REPLIES 28
simonturner1967
Journeyman
Options
If wash with just water, do you see soap suds, to prove its pulling the detergent in? You can take the draw out and "clean" to see if you can spot a problem, the lid just flips off if it's anything like mine.
0 Likes
Members_3jjPwqw
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I ha the same problem, have you solve it yet?

thanks

Dekxster
Journeyman
Options

Same here, machine is just few days old 🙁

Bernie13
Apprentice
Options

I had the same thing at first, the washing liquid was going down so I knew it was drawing it into the wash. 

it was really hard to see if there was any suds while washing, I adjusted the dose level and the next wash and could see a very small amount of suds running down the inside of the door and washing smelled fresh when it came out, it wasn’t a strong smell. I have washed gym and running kit so it would be obvious if it wasn’t washed properly.

The amount of suds I got on my last machine makes me think that I was probably using too much detergent.

0 Likes
Sasa Vac
Apprentice
Options

We have the same problem- our machine is brand new and after each wash (tried different cycles) the clothes either smell of nothing or in some cases smell of BO. 
We have a “Bespoke Series 6+ Auto Dose SpaceMax WW11BB534DAB/S1 WiFi-enabled 11 kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine”

have all tries different dosing options and different types of water but results are the same. 

Any help would be welcomed.

andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Sasa Vac  wrote:

We have the same problem- our machine is brand new and after each wash (tried different cycles) the clothes either smell of nothing or in some cases smell of BO. 
We have a “Bespoke Series 6+ Auto Dose SpaceMax WW11BB534DAB/S1 WiFi-enabled 11 kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine”

have all tries different dosing options and different types of water but results are the same. 

Any help would be welcomed.

What type/brand of washing detergent liquid and fabric softener are you using for a start?
also have you tried tossing some of those scent booster granuals into the drum before each wash?

Washing Machine6
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Anyone found a remedy or the cause of the problem? 

Christine1973
First Poster
Options

Me too same issue with samsung series 8 11kg

0 Likes
MMS73
First Poster
Options

Same here!  I have turned the auto dose off and put detergent in manually and still my clothes do not smell fresh.  I use the same detery In my 25 year old lakehouse washer and the clothes smell wonderful after a wash.  Have tried to troubleshoot shoot this issue and done a lot of the same things as people have me tioned in other comments.