Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Hub - Ring app live view notification not closing since firmware update

(Topic created on: 30-09-2023 06:51 PM)
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

As the title suggests, my Family Hub fridge has been updated recently (in September 2023) and since the update, apart from Live View not working for all Ring cameras from the main screen … when a camera is triggered by a doorbell press, the large, Live view pop up window displays on the screen but doesn’t auto close ever.  You have to go to the fridge and close it manually.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Any idea how I pass this on to the engineers/developers?

35 REPLIES 35
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

I've just emailed the support@ email address above - thank you for that!

This is what I wrote -

Hi there
I have a Family Hub Fridge model RF65A977FB1 here in the UK.
I have a Ring doorbell and various cameras in the house.   I have the Ring app installed on the fridge.
Current software is updated as of September/October - Tizen 6.0 (AFH-EU-M64-23-CCCCMU 20230828_143841)
My issue - since the September update, whenever a Ring doorbell is pressed at either my house or a second property I manage, the Ring video window displays on screen and streams video from the doorbell/device, and never stops streaming, and never closes automatically.
This is a new bug since the September update.  Prior to that the Ring window would pop up for a few seconds and then automatically close.
I understand Monika Madishetty is aware of this issue - just adding my name to the list, and await a further update from you.
If this can pleased be looked at as a high priority bug, above other enhancements, I would appreciate it.

I've immediately got an automated ticket created response, requesting me giving their support team access.  So let's see!  Feel free to raise a ticket yourself too 🙂

0 Likes
IMHO_1234
Journeyman
Options

I had a response acknowledging the issue and confirming they are aware of it and working on it.

I was asked to remove the app from fridge in the meantime.

So hopefully it may get resolved in the next update.

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Hey @journeyman same here -

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting SmartThings.

We are aware of this issue and it is being looked into. I understand how frustrating this can be and I recommend you sign out of the Ring app on your fridge to stop it from occurring.

I will put your ticket on hold and will get back to you as soon as I have an update to share.

If you have any other questions, just send another email.

0 Likes
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

It’s actually quite funny, the app is a default app on the fridge, and we cannot remove it. We can only log out. But the app will remain. Unless they know something that I don’t.

SeanKat
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. 
Not holding my breath on a fix. 
Samsung isn’t the most responsive company around although they would have you believe they are on the cutting edge of technology yet they can’t debug their own firmware in a timely manor.

0 Likes
mje
First Poster
Options
Yes, I too am having the same problem
0 Likes
mje
First Poster
Options
I am here in the UK.
It's really annoying because not only is it draining the doorbell battery, its stopping the doorbell from ringing again.
0 Likes
Kram777
First Poster
Options

Wanted to chime in to say these are my exact symptoms.

Also to add, when the Doorbell is pressed, and a Live view appears on my Refrigerator, the Ring Doorbell blue ring light is continually on and the Speaker on the Doorbell is active and everything said at the Refrigerator is being broadcasted to the Doorbell speaker without any press of the Speaker button on the Refrigerator Live view screen. 

0 Likes
TopSanchez
First Poster
Options

This very same situation is happening in Mexico, can't stand to manually close the app, does anyone knows if it is possible to control the fridge through a samsung phone? I thing there is something called shared view. I'm iPhone user btw.

0 Likes
Krishp88
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue, also the microphone automatically turns on so everything inside can be heard on the ring doorbell when someone rings. Have had to turn the microphone off to get around this, but this means I can’t use Alexa/bixby on the fridge 

0 Likes