Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Hub - Ring app live view notification not closing since firmware update

(Topic created on: 30-09-2023 06:51 PM)
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

As the title suggests, my Family Hub fridge has been updated recently (in September 2023) and since the update, apart from Live View not working for all Ring cameras from the main screen … when a camera is triggered by a doorbell press, the large, Live view pop up window displays on the screen but doesn’t auto close ever.  You have to go to the fridge and close it manually.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Any idea how I pass this on to the engineers/developers?

35 REPLIES 35
Vinirv
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem in Texas with the Samsung Family Hub Fridge. Really annoying to have to manually turn it off. It was better before the update.

pasqualed85
Apprentice
Options

I also have this issue here in germany since the last update...

TxNate
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same exact problem in Texas - tried reaching out to support and they opened a ticket for the issue. Several days passed and nothing - finally an email from them saying they were going to close out the ticket as resolved. I can’t really find any answers or resolution to this issue so I’ve just kept Ring signed out until if they fix it. I told them if no one is home ie on vacation and someone rings the doorbell, it will basically keep the display on the entire time and risk burning it up. Hopefully they get it fixed on the development/programming side but based on how they’ve handled everything until this point I highly doubt it.

Sparkley
Journeyman
Options
I got a call back and was annoyingly in the shower 😭 have been asked to email them. Safe to say i will keep emailing messaging and chatting until they get back to me with something even if they remove all the new updates
0 Likes
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

So, not to be surprised, Samsung pushed out another  Software Update to the fridge today (October 12th, 2023) adding some new features including Samsung TV, but didn't resolve the Ring Video Doorbell App problem.

IMHO_1234
Journeyman
Options

You can send email to support@smartthings.co.uk

0 Likes
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

Email them? Who?

A generic support call center, with untrained staff,  somewhere in the Philippines?

And, is that a global email address? or only for people in the UK?

0 Likes
BlairArmstrong
Explorer
Options

OK, here is another useless update. On October 10th I sent Samsung Support another email, and 10 days later, on October 20th, they replied with this email:

"Thank you for contacting Samsung SmartThings Support. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to please get back to us with the below details so, that we can investigate the issue and assist you further.

1. SmartThings app version
  2. Picture of the family hub screen where it shows the ring app open
  3. Extend account access

Awaiting for your response.

Regards,
Monika Madishetty
Samsung SmartThings Support"

So I replied with the requested information on the same day, and another 10 days later, today, October 30th, I received this reply:

"Thank you for your patience and efforts while we working on this.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

We have sent this to our engineering team for further investigation. At this time there are no additional troubleshooting steps available we can provide you for this issue.

Our engineering team is actively looking into the issue and hopefully, this will resolve in the upcoming updates.

As soon as we have more information a member of our team will reach out with an update.

Please feel free to write back to us for any further queries. We are happy to help !

Regards,
Monika Madishetty
Samsung SmartThings Support."

I've never seen anything this slow.  It is concerning that it took so long to get a reply. At this rate, it seems that a technical issue like this is going to take several months or years to resolve.

😩

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Hey hey!

So sorry - I've had no notifications of any responses to this topic at all - just happened to be sat working in the dining area of the kitchen and remembered to check back here!

Model RF65A977FSR.  I'm in the UK/England.

Software version: Tizen 6.0.

And no, regarding your issues - same here, and I've not managed to fix.  Think I'm goingt to remove the Ring app on the fridge tbh.

0 Likes
marky_uk
Pioneer
Options

Yes, I saw this and immediately rushed to read the release notes on the fridge and thought ... what the heck ... why's this not fixed! 🙂

0 Likes